My right eye is sunken in. Is it possible to get it fixed? (photos)

As you can see my right eye is quite more sunken in and it has been like that since I was born. It just has gotten noticeably worse the older I have gotten. Is there any way to get this fixed and how much do you think sugery to fix this would cost?

Doctor Answers 2

Eye asymmetry

Asymmetry is normal between the two sides of one's face. This is usually just due to natural bony asymmetry. If the change in your eyes has occurred suddenly, then best to consult with an plastic, oculoplastic or facial plastic surgeon. A CT scan may be required. However, if your concern is only cosmetic then it is unlikely that anything would be done to significantly change your asymmetry. Natural asymmetry is just that; best to leave it alone.

Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon
3.9 out of 5 stars 7 reviews

My right eye is sunken in. Is it possible to get it fixed?

Best to see an oculoplastic specialist for evaluation. The cause of the sunken eye (enophthalmos) has to be determined first, then treatment. It may require right orbital implant placement. See following link.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 72 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.