For ethnic skin (Indian origin, Male) - which resurfacing is better? EMatrix or Fraxel?

I am trying to understand which type of skin resurfacing is better for ethnic male? with brown skin? I read that EMatrix is good for brown/darker skin. Is that true?

EMatrix for Ethnic Skin

eMatrix has been been amazing for acne scars for dark skin.  They have "revved" up the settings and it is now very effective.  Fraxel is not nearly as effective and runs the risk of hyperpigmentation for dark skin.  Best to see an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Fractional lasers vs micro needling RF

I thing eMatrix has its place for early and mild scarring, but for treating significant and established scars, I agree with Dr Emer, it is not as effective as fractional lasers. 

You have several choices- the best is Infiini RF- this uses micro needles to deliver RF or energy to remodel scars. The chances of PIH or skin darkening is v v low. 

Fraxel in the 1550 wavelength is good, but you will need quite a few treatments. 

My second choice is CO2 Fractional - I use this in a very low density setting, but very high power. If you keep the treatment density low, your chances of PIH is low. Erbium Fractional can be used this way as well, but CO2 is better. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
BRISBANE, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Ethnic skin and lasers

I suggest fractional lasers like fraxel/clear + brilliant/viva , microneedling, and light peels like the VI peel. I would avoid co2 or erbium for now but it depends on what you are trying to treat.  I never found ematrix that effective so I don't use it in my practice anymore.  Best, Dr. Emer.

EMatrix is ideal for dark skin - Williamsville, NY eMatrix

For pigmented skin, eMatrix is great because it does not cause hyperpigmentation.

Best
Dr. Karamanoukian