What would be the effects of polypropylene implants in a male?

Just researching the implants and I know they are not legal in certain portions of the world, but was wondering if the effects stay the same for men as they do in women. And also wondering what the was wrong ethically in the implants themselves. Am very interested in them and would like to know more.

High Complication Rates

Dear Jadeghost, You have not been specific in your inquiry, but I assume you are referring to pec or calf implants. My own experience with these implants is as follows. I explored the possibility of making this part of my practice in the late 1990s and went through the training courses through the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Within 20 minutes of my first teaching session I realized what the problem was. Unlike breast implants, body implants such as calf, pec and buttocks have an extraordinarily high complication rate and revision rate. I decided I wanted nothing to do with that. I am not aware that these polypropylene implants are illegal in certain parts of the world, and so that may be true. If you are really dead set on proceeding with this my recommendation is that you not go to someone who does this once in a while. You need to do your homework and find a surgeon who does this on a regular basis and does at least 100 cases per year so that he or she is familiar with the potential complications and can deliver a better operation for you. I hope this has been helpful. Robert D. Wilcox, MD