What effect does capsular contracture have on the actual breast tissue after explant?
Doctor Answers 2
Effects of capsular contracture on tissue
Capsular contracture effects on the size of breast tissue?
- Breast implants themselves tend to make the breast wider and flatter than before.
- Depending on the capsules thickness, it also may thicken the breast.
- And we always have one breast that is smaller than the other.
- Your breasts may or may not end up the same size - depending on these various effects.
- The only way to know, if to wait another 5 months to see the final size and shape.
- But do let your surgeon know you are concerned so you can evaluate your result together as decide if anything needs to be done.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.