What effect does capsular contracture have on the actual breast tissue after explant?

I had recently had my implants removed after developing CC twice on my right side, sub muscular, small implants, 2 years. But I am curious what effect this will have on my natural breast. No tissue was removed during surgery, she placed cuts in the scar tissue on my right side, my left side is healing perfectly. My right side is taking much longer to fill out., you can see a difference when I push up. I am only 6-7 weeks post op.

Effects of capsular contracture on tissue

Hi there,it is too soon to say.you need to go thru the healing which will take up to 6 months for the initial phase, then goes on slower for 2 years.ask your doctor if he/she can write you a prescription for external therapeutic ultrasound to smooth and soften the scar tissue. check with your insurance you are covered for PT.if not or too expensive, buy your own battery-operated massager and  massage yourself several times a day.you can buy also silicone scar gel and massage yourself too.you should be cleared for all exercises too, so hit the gym.good luck,F. Mussat

Capsular contracture effects on the size of breast tissue?

Thank you for asking about your breast implant removal.
  • Breast implants themselves tend to make the breast wider and flatter than before.
  • Depending on the capsules thickness, it also may thicken the breast.
  • And we always have one breast that is smaller than the other.
  • Your breasts may or may not end up the same size - depending on these various effects.
  • The only way to know, if to wait another 5 months to see the final size and shape.
  • But do let your surgeon know you are concerned so you can evaluate your result together as decide if anything needs to be done.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS