I am looking for a Dr that is able to fix an umbilical hernia and also perform umbilicoplasty. (photo)

I had a baby about 8 years ago and had my belly button pierced which I believe caused my belly button to look semi wrinkled after giving birth. Please help! DFW AREA. Thanks in advance.

Doctor Answers 2

Belly Button Surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question about Belly Button Surgery.

In general, yes, umbilical hernia repair and umbilicoplasty can easily be performed at the same time.  Check Realself and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons for qualified surgeons in your area.

To be sure what is right for you, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have Belly Button Surgery.

I hope this helps.

Nashville Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 221 reviews

Belly B

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hello, seek out a board certified plastic surgeon who also trained in general surgery. They should be able to take of both issues. You can go to the ASPS site to search for a qualified surgeon. Check link below. 

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.