Will I get a double bubble? (Photo)

I'm going to get breast implants and want 530ccs and I was told that I will have a bubble double because my breast sag but it will go away on its on in 2-3 weeks. He will do the procedure from my armpit.

Will I get a double bubble?

Based on your photo alone I would recommend a breast lift for optimal aesthetic results. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Large implants is not the answer

Thank you for your question and photo.

You need a breast lift. Placing a large implant behind your breast will only make your saggy breasts worse with time and more difficult to correct. Breast implants alone is not the correct procedure for you. If you choose to move forward with augmentation alone, be aware that you are signing up for future surgeries to your breasts to correct complications (skin stretch deformities, capsular contractures, chronic pain, irreversible soft tissue damage, malposition of the implant, etc). It is widely known that 30% of women who undergo breast augmentation with implants will undergo revisionary surgery within 2 years of implantation or explantation altogether within 10yrs. According to the FDA, breast implants are not a lifetime device and need to be monitored.
I hope this helps,
Gary Horndeski M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Different Technique

Dear evalebcia91,

The size implant you are requesting would look satisfactory according to the build you apparently have on your photo. However, I do not think you are a good candidate for transaxillary because you have to be 100% certain that the pectoralis major muscle is released inferiorly and partially along the sternum or you are going to have an accentuated double bubble. In this case, I think you are going to be far safer to undergo a dual-plane procedure through a small incision underneath the breast.

I hope this has been helpful.

Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another.
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for breast implants.

It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 350 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. . Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the below link.

Will I get a double bubble

Thank you for your question.  Your breasts will change for many week after breast augmentation surgery.  I do not think tyour the best candidate for a Transaxillary approach.  You may want seek a second consultation. Best Wishes

You do not have to have a double bubble

There are other options in breast augmentation that will not cause double bubble.  You might consider getting exploring those.  

Vasdev Rai, MD

Will I get a double bubble?

Thank you for your question.  With your minimal breast ptosis (really pseudoptosis), the approach that will offer you the most predictable good result is with a dual plane placement via a periareolar or IMF incision, not an arm pit incision.  This will allow the surgeon to properly release the muscle inferiorly as required for the dual plane.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Will I get a double bubble?

To avoid the problem, which will not be temporary, you need a very thorough release of the lower part of the muscle both from the ribs and also from the breast tissue. This cannot be done with the armpit incision. Sounds like you need to see more than one consultant. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Double Bubble??

I agree with answers below and totally disagree with your surgeon's plan for a transaxillary breast augmentation in someone who already has breast ptosis. Think about it, if you already are drooping and you place a heavy bag in your breasts, you will just droop more. Please attached link. As revisionary breast specialist, I see this scenario very commonly. The patient is told that they don't need need any scars, "just use a larger implant". This invariably leads to "I never wanted to be this large, and now I'm drooping even worse". No one comes to my office stating that they want breast lift scars, however the scars associated with a breast lift heal very nicely in most instances. Breast augmentation with a lollipop lift will give you an excellent result. I believe that you will be totally disappointed with breast augmentation alone. Please see other board certified plastic surgeons in your area and get another opinion.

Paul E. Chasan, MD
Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Sorry I didn't mean to put that in all caps but don't feel like going back to delete.
Either way, you're unlikely to have a double bubble. I don't like the axillary approach because you can't do a dual plane from there. That would suit you best to help lift the breast. Your ptosis, however, is minimal.
530cc is on the large size for a primary aug. If your distance from nipple to fold is around 10cm's then you could proceed with that type of size, but it's not my preference to use that size implants for primary augmentation unless there's plenty of room in the skin envelope.