Are there any doctors in the area that will file abdominoplasty through the insurance as medically necessary after weight loss?

I have been on a search to get the procedure done and I have meet all of my Out of Pocket Max for the year. I was wanting to get the surgery approved through my insurance. Is there anyone that may have any information as to how I can accomplish this? I was referred to a doctor by a coworker who filed hers through our insurance by saying it was medically necessary because women with children get hernias. So it was a hernia removal along with the tummy tuck.

To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

Tummy tuck is not medically necessary

This is borderline fraud and an offense that may result in significant disciplinary action against a surgeon.  

If you have a hernia, the insurance will likely cover the hernia repair.  The insurance will not cover the abdominoplasty portion.  It is important to realize that these are two separate procedures and these should NOT be lumped together as an insurance procedure.  Kenneth Hughes, MDLos Angeles, CA