Hi Def Arm Liposuction

Looking for a highly skilled hi def lipo surgeon for arms. In the United States. Also, is there a difference in hi def liposuction and Vaser high def liposuction? Is Vaser just the name of the equipment?
Please click here to search for board-certified surgeons.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

This type of liposuction is very specific and requires an expert in 4D contouring.  Please only go to someone well trained.  Best, DR. Emer.

Hi definition liposuction for the arms

Hi definition liposuction is generally a procedure reserved for abdominal liposuction trying to create muscle definition. It is a technique creating the image of muscle mass using subcutaneous fat.

I would be very cautious of someone trying to do this type of sculpting on someone's arms.
Arms are technically difficult because of the curvature.

Liposuction is done with straight instruments and great care must be taken to avoid streaks, divots or uneven contours.

I suggest looking for a provider and not the equipment.

A good plastic surgeon will deliver excellent results after making a good assessment using any form of liposuction.

A less talented surgeon can make a mess of anything regardless of equipment used.

My practice is exclusively devoted to various forms of liposuction and for transfer.

I generally reserve VASER for particular cases. With arms I generally like very gentle equipment.

This is generally best done with thin cannulas using low vacuum pressure.

these are just my ideas and I'm sure other plastic surgeons will differ.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Hi Def liposuction

Thanks for your inquiry, do a Google search of Hi Def liposuction and then look at the individual surgeon's website.  If you like there work, give their office a call and see how many such procedures they do. Good Luck.  

HIgh definition liposuction and Vaser

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • You are correct - Vaser is the name of a liposuction machine that uses ultrasound.
  • High Def is the name of a liposuction goal - body definition with small cannulas, appropriate for people of normal or near normal weight.
  • If you find an experienced plastic surgeon who does a lot of liposuction, you are in good hands.
  • Let your surgeon choose her/his equipment - the result depends on the surgeon, not the machine.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Hi def arm liposuction

Vaser is the ultrasound technology which breaks up the fat prior to the actual liposuction.  It can be used with Hi def liposuction. The difference between the two techniques depend a great deal the individual plastic surgeon doing this procedure.  

Certainly I would consult a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and review his pictures of sample patients prior to making your decision.  

Good luck to you.

Stanley P. Gulin, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

VASER (Vibration Amplification of Sound Energy at Resonance) is a type of ultrasound assisted liposuction.  VASER will add a step to the liposuction process in order to melt or destroy fat cell prior to removal with a cannula.  Some surgeons suggest there is also a tightening process for the skin due to the effects of the ultrasound.  Ultrasound assisted liposuction is very helpful in treating difficult to remove fat such as gynecomastia or back fat.

John Burns, MD