Debridment doesn't look good. I see the surgeon again in 4 days. Is this too long?

Do I need to be seen sooner, is there another method of treatment?Post op Tummy tuck 3 weeks, 3 days a go I had a debridment, after 3 days on Bactrim, high protien diet and wet to dry dressings with saline X2 per day, it doesn't appear to be healing.

Treatment of Open Wound after Abdominoplasty

You should see the surgeon as often as you feel you need to see them for your own level of comfort.  From the photo it does appear that your wound needs more debridement, but waiting 4 days and treating with wet to dry dressings shouldn't be a problem.

Debridement

here is not a correct answer to this question. when I have an issue like this , I see people twice a week until the patient is convinced that it is healing. not sure whether that is for them or for me!

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck wound

Thanks for your inquiry and picture, and sorry for your struggles.  It is hard to comment about th progress of your wound by a single timepoint.  If you feel like you need to be communicating with your surgeon more often and sooner then you should call his/her office.  I wish you the best in your recovery.  

Tummy tuck necrosis

Hi. There is still some non viable tissue in the base of the wound. This may be treated either surgically, or non surgically using sophisticated wound dressings - 4 days should be fine and have your surgeon review.

Paul Jason Skoll, MBChB, FRCS, FCS (SA) Plast
South Africa Plastic Surgeon

Debridement doesn't look good.

Wounds such as yours sometimes occur after a tummy tuck procedure.  Unfortunately these wounds sometimes look worse before they start looking better.  You might need several debridements before all of the unhealthy tissue is removed.   The good news is that these wounds typically heal remarkably well.  Keep in close contact with your surgeon and follow his/her instructions.  Best wishes to you.

Erik Miles, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Wound after TT

Thank you for your question. I am sorry you are going through wound healing issues after TT. This wound will take several weeks to heal. Please follow instructions from your PS. You are doing things right. Good Luck

Wond after Tummy Tuck...

I am  sorry to hear about the complication you are experiencing.   Unfortunately, it may take several weeks for this wound to heal;  I think that, based on your description, you are doing the right things to help it do so.  Continue to follow with your plastic surgeon as you are doing. Best wishes.