I'm 8 days after my BA surgery. We went under the muscle. Is this a hematoma? It's sore and only this side is bruised (Photo)

I see him tomorrow for my first week check up... but I'm kind of overthinking it and freaking out. Guess I won't know till the morning.

I'm 8 days after my BA surgery. We went under the muscle. Is this a hematoma? It's sore and only this side is bruised

Thank you for your question. Based on your pictures, it does look like some bruising is present but cannot diagnose a hematoma until physical examination. Contact your surgeon so he can evaluate. Good luck

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Hematoma?

I do notice some bruising in your photo, but this view alone is not enough to diagnose or exclude a hematoma. Usually with a hematoma you will notice a hard lump under the skin as well as increased pain and distortion of the breast. If you are having these symptoms, you should contact your surgeon immediately. Best wishes, Dr. Meghan Nadeau, Seattle, WA

Meghan Nadeau, MD

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Hematoma after BA?

There is some bruising visible but a side view alone is not enough to make or exclude a diagnosis.  In general hematomas that require attention are painful and distort the breast. See your surgeon ASAP for the best diagnosis and recommendations. Best wishes. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon