One day post op, now what?! (Photos)

I am one day post up, breast aug mentor moderate plus implants under the muscle. I have a lot of pain in my left breast. It's not severe but more than the right. Hoping this is normal. Also the left one doesn't look as even as the right. Plan to talk to my surgeons office staff today. And go into the office next week sometime. Incisions were done under the muscle. Does this look ok as of now? Thanks!

1 day postop?

Hello and thanks. Congratulations with your new breasts! It's going to take time for the breasts to stretch and settle. At this stage, asymmetry is very normal and should improve over time. I suggest you keep your plastic surgeon aware of your concerns. Best, 

Dr. ALDO

Asymmetry Day 1

It is common for each breast to feel and look a bit different directly post op. This will typically even out over the first couple of months but if you note sudden/concerning changes, ask your Plastic Surgeon to examine you.

All the best

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.

You are very early in your recovery period and while there is swelling present, the breasts may appear uneven. Over the first 6-8 weeks the swelling should begin to resolve and the breasts will start to drop into their pockets and appear more natural and symmetrical. Everyone heals at different rates and one side may heal quicker than the other. I would wait until you are at least 6 months post op to make a final judgement on the symmetry of your breasts. Best of luck in your recovery.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

One day postop, now what?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and congratulations on your surgery.  Based on your picture alone, all looks well.  It is very common to have asymmetry between your breasts this recently out from surgery and it is normally due to asymmetrical swelling.  Voice your concerns to your surgeon, they are your best source of reassurance.  Hope this helps. 

Breast augmentation post op

Thanks for the question. What you are experiencing is completely normal.  After surgery one side might hurt more than the other side.  Your result is exactly where you should be for the first day.   The slight  asymmetry was present pre op. You will have an awesome result.  Good luck. 

Jon E. Rast, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Mentor

There is no issue that is concerning by your photos.  Please direct your questions and follow up concerns to your surgeon.  Maintaining good communication with your surgeon is an important part of your care and outcome.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Ali Mosharrafa

Ali Mosharrafa, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Great result!

Thanks for your question and the photo. You have a great result it appears. Be patient. Each side will "recover" differently with regard to swelling, dropping, numbness, pain, etc. Postop asymmetry is normal for the reasons above as well as the fact that there are always differences in anatomy. Breasts are more like "sister" but not "twins". Hang in there.

You look great. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

One day post op, now what?!

Thank you for your question.  Your result looks excellent for so early at 1 day.  The slight asymmetry is perfectly in line with the asymmetry that you had preop.   Please relax and give your implants a chance to adjust to your body.  He will not see a final result for at least 3 months.  Congratulations on your breast augmentation.

Day 1

more pain on one side and some mild asymmetry is totally normal right after surgery. Your picture looks fine as well. Good luck!

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

One Day Post Op

Thanks for your question! I would agree that your comments and results look totally normal for post op day 1. Yes I would contact ur plastic surgeon: surely he/she has a set appt for u in the first post op week. Best of luck to ya!

Robert P. Schmid, MD
Lubbock Plastic Surgeon