Are cortisone injections helpful in cysts that aren't very recent?

Is it best to inject cysts/nodules as they are beginning to form? Would I get any benefit in having had the nodule be on my face for around 3 days to a week, and then inject it? I know that regardless, the shot will bring the lesion down, but I'm wondering if the odds of preventing permanent scarring are reduced the longer I wait to have them injected.

Cyst injection with cortisone

Cortisone shots can reduce inflammation associated with skin pathology. I would suggest seeing a plastic surgeon to evaluate your cyst. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Cortisone for Facial Cysts--Clear + Brilliant, Microneedling, Chemical Peels, Venus Viva, IPL

I find that clear + brilliant, microneedling/prp, peels and skin care are much better for facial cysts. Please consult with an expert. Best, Dr. Emer