CoolSculpt problem. How dangerous is it if part of your skin is frozen and frosted when they remove the machine? (Photo)

When cool sculpting how dangerous is it if when they remove the machine part of your skin is frozen and frosted? They used the special applicator like they were supposed to but now I have blisters where the skin froze. Am I ok the dark red part is what frosted over. My belly button was frozen together.

CoolSculpting

It would make sense to have a return appointment to be examined by a physician.  We have done thousands of cycles without blistering so I would recommend you get examined.

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is best when performed on an area that has an excess number of fat cells.  For example, women say, "When I gain weight, it goes straight to my belly."  That means that you were born with more fat cells in your abdominal area.  It would be great to perform coolsculpting in that area to reduce the number of fat cells there and make that are more proportional with the rest of your body.  Then, if you gain weight, it will be more evenly distributed over your body.  It won't just "go straight" to one area.  

The fat loss is permanent after Coolsculpting.  You typically lose 20-25% of the fat in the area treated, each time you treat it.  I have done it to myself and my staff.  It is truly effective and has no down time.

In office examination is necessary for you.The pictures are not clear. I perform many coolsculpting procedures daily and have never had my patient develope a blister from it. 

Best of Luck, Sheila Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

CoolSculpt problem. How dangerous is it if part of your skin is frozen and frosted when they remove the machine?

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to tell from your photos. I would recommend seeing your treating physician for an examination. Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Thanks for your question. It isn't really dangerous at all as there is a gel pad placed directly on the skin between you and the coolsculpting applicator. Just make sure you go to a certified coolsculpting center preferably under the direction of a surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Good luck.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS, FICS
Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

I would go back and see your doctor for an evaluation. The two individuals in my office performing coolsculpting have extensive training, including attending Coolsculpting University in Reston, VA. I strongly suggest any procedures like coolsculpting are done under the care of a board certified plastic surgeon. There are too many under-trained people performing these procedures without proper oversight. 

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting and Results versus Hi Definiton Liposuction

I suggest seeing a coolsculpting practice, this doesnt look like the normal reaction to a coolsculpting aplication and blisters are not normal. Best, Dr. Emer.

Blisters After CoolSculpting

Hi Belinda. Were you sure you were treating with an actual CoolSculpting machine and by an experienced provider? The placement of the applicator looks totally wrong in the marks on your picture. Also, blisters and skin injury should never occur after a CoolSculpting procedure. You should follow up with an experienced CoolSculpting physician for an evaluation.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Blisters after coolsculpting

Blistering after coolsculpting is not a normal expectation.   The device uses a special gel pad to and internal temperature control to prevent damage to the skin.  If the gel pad was not used, the skin could have been frozen.  It is also possible that the suction created a blister by friction.  Definitely, return to your physician for examination and wound care to prevent discoloration and the potential for scarring.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon