I'm considered having Lipo but I'm wondering if I need a tummy tuck? (photos)

im not sure just lipo would give me the shape I want.

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question and photo.  Keeping in mind that liposuction will only remove fat, it is possible that a combination of both at different times would be best to help you improve the appearance of your body.  I suggest that you consider a medically-supervised weight loss program first, though.  Liposuction is not a weight loss procedure and in your case, you would be well-suited with a weight loss prior to cosmetic surgery.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Tummy lipo vs tummy tuck

From you single photo my sense is that you should first consider only undergoing liposuction and not a tummy tuck.  Incisions are small and recovery (and expenses) relatively easy.
Meet an ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeon to discuss options and have a more valuable face to face consultation.  Enjoy the video above!  Regards and best wishes.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Certified, Am Board of Plastic Surgery
Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV
Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Liposuction versus abdominoplasty?.

From the photograph provided a specific opinion cannot be rendered. If you're considering future pregnancy I would definitely advise against abdominoplasty. If you're okay with modest waste reduction than liposuction should work well. The skin appears being good condition. The flattest abdomen if you have had previous pregnancy would require an abdominoplasty.

Liposuction or tummy tuck.

Thank you for asking about your liposuction and tummy tuck.

• Yours is a good question - but not one that can be answered with just this photo and no information.
  • If you have had children, your muscles may be widened - an exam is needed to see if this is the case.
  • If the problem is just fat under the skin - then liposuction may be all you need.
  • So have a consultation with a plastic surgeon to find out which is better for you.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting and Tummy Tuck

you likely would do well with liposuction alone if done by a 4d hi definition body contouring specialist.  A formal consultation will determine if you are a better candidate to also have skin removal at the same time.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Based on your photo, it doesn't appear that you have redundant skin, so liposuction alone should give you the result that you are looking for.  Tummy tuck is more applicable to patients that have excess abdominal skin and separation of the rectus muscles.

Justin P. Martin, MD
Dothan Physician

Tummy tuck or lipo?

Based on the photo you submitted, it appears liposuction will contour your abdomen well. A photo from the side would be more helpful. Also , the quality of your skin and the presence of a diastasis (separation) of your rectus muscles, cost, and the amount of recovery time available may be other factors that need to be considered. A consultation from a board certified plastic surgeon will help you make this deciosion.

Gustavo E. Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

I'm considered having Lipo but I'm wondering if I need a tummy tuck?

Really need an exam to make an accurate assessment.  Having said that, based on your photo it looks like you would do better with liposuction since there doesn't seem to be much excess skin.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Liposuction -vs- tummy tuck?

Thank you for your question. The most important consideration in liposuction is to assess before the procedure how the skin is likely to respond to the amount of fat removal anticipated. In many women
who have not had a term pregnancy, the skin will retain a great degree of elasticity and ability to
retract. Once the skin has been stretched with pregnancy, this retraction can be much less reliable, resulting in lax skin.  In an in-person exam, your plastic surgeon can assess the relative elasticity/tone of your skin to
determine if liposuction alone would/would not be advisable.

Michael F. Bohley, MD

The decision of whether to have liposuction or a tummy tuck is a common question. The answer really depends on your goals and your physical examination. An in person evaluation is needed for definitive recommendations, however it appears that you would likely do well with liposuction alone. You appear to have good skin quality and don't appear to have much excess skin.

It's always best to visit a board-certified plastic surgeon. They will be able to discuss your goals, examine you, discuss all of your options and help you decide how best to proceed.