Not confident these will heal to look more symmetrical? Lift w/implant (Photos)

I'm thinking in looking at corrective surgery. It's been 17 wks. Doc won't admit how off they look or that he thinks they will change to look better. Looking for a Dallas Surgeon. They look pretty much the same from day 1

we often say in plastic surgery that we can make things better, but not perfect. Clearly you had some asymmetry from one side to the other pre-op(although you didn't include photos), so your surgeon likely attempted to balance them to make the two match "better", but this is very difficult and usually never perfect. there are many talented PS in dallas, I would see Dr.Bill Adams or Dr.Tebbets. Both are highly skilled breast surgeons in dallas( I would see multiple for an opinion prior to signing up for more surgery). Best of luck 

Concerns after breast augmentation/lifting surgery...

It is difficult to provide you with good advice based on the photographs, especially with your arms elevated.   I would suggest that you communicate your concerns/goals directly with your plastic surgeon, again, preferably in front of a full-length mirror. Hopefully, working together you will come up with a plan to improve your outcome. If not, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons in your area who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients achieve outcomes you will be happier with.  Keep in mind, that despite best efforts, perfect breast symmetry will likely never be achieved. Best wishes.

Symmetry after surgery

Its difficult to offer advice without seeing your “before” photos.  Did you have asymmetry prior to surgery?  Was this addressed during surgery?  While you may still see some changes, its unlikely at this stage that you will notice significant change.  Typically I advise patients to wait 6 - 12 months before considering revision surgery.  Discuss your concerns and options for revision with your surgeon or look for a fully qualified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss your options.

Asymmetry after Breast Lift?

From your photos, there is a difference between your breasts, however, we need to see where you started to give an opinion. This can be corrected ususally with a procedure on one side depending on your preference. 3-6 months should be enough time to make a decision on which direction to go. 

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through an in-person consultation.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Not confident these will heal to look more symmetrical? Lift w/implant

Thanks for your question and pictures.  I am sorry to hear that things have not gone as well as you would have liked after a breast augmentation and lift.  Without seeing preop photos, it is difficult to know how much asymmetry was present prior to surgery.  Achieving perfect symmetry between breasts all the time is a difficult task especially based on each patient's anatomy.  However, there are clearly some differences between your breasts that likely could be improved.  It is unlikely much is going to change at this point.  Make sure you have a clear discussion with your surgeon about your concerns.  If they are not resolved, there are many good plastic surgeons in the DFW area that can help you.

Naveen Setty, MD

Aug/Pexy Results

It is nearly impossible to get "perfectly symmetric" results from aug/lift surgery. That being said, there are some clear differences between your two breasts that could be improved upon (left breast is larger, left nipple is lower, right implant is higher or larger or both, etc). At 4+ months, it is unlikely that significant changes will occur. We would always encourage you to return to your PS to "make things right". If that is unsuccessful, there are many talented surgeons in the DFW area. Best of luck!

Concerns about Breast Augmentation with Lift

If your breast were not symmetrical prior to surgery, your surgeon may have used two different size implants.  If so, one side may be a little off.  Contact the American Society of Plastic Surgeons ( ASPS) To locate a board certified plastic surgeon for a second opinion.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD