I'm a little concerned about the black scab on my incisions, is it normal? (Photo)

I have black scab as you can see in the picture my question is that normal am I healing well or should I be concern ?

Concern About Black Scab on Incisions

#Breastlift and #implants, any breast operation, can result in changes in sensation of the nipples and around other areas where the procedure took place. Larger implants and more aggressive lift methods may have more of a problem.

Healing after #breastimplant surgery

will go on for 2-3 months for the early period. There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation will be abnormal. Scars will be changing.

#Hypertrophic or #keloid scars can be a problem. The worst are usually under the breast with an #AnchorLift or inverted “T”. These can be treated like all thickened scars with re-excision, laser, kenalog/5-FU injections, creams, silicone strips and other methods to reduce and improve healing.

If my patients have concerns that something is unusual about their healing process, it is important for them to call the office and discuss these concerns or come in to be examined.

Postop Scabs

Dear Deboraharobed,

I am concerned about those scabs as well. You must have had an augmentation and lift at the same time. One of the risks in this combined treatment is circulation failing to heal the incision sites. Be sure you are not smoking or around secondhand smoke. Wear your bra support. Limit your movement and stay close to your plastic surgeon.

I hope this has been helpful.

Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Breast Lift / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Tuberous Breasts

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you contact your surgeon to discuss your concerns at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Swelling , some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In my practice, after performing a BA+BL I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD