One breast is smaller. Could this possibly get better? (Photos)

One breast is considerably smaller. The larger breast is rounder, feels like it has more breast tissue. The smaller breast is misshapen, definitely has less breast tissue. Could this possibly get better? 1 week post op.

Uneven Breasts Following Breast Augmentation

#Healing will continue for 2-3 months following your #Augmentation #Mastopexy procedure. There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation will be abnormal. Scars will also be changing.
But, it can be up to one year see your final result. Your doctor may require you to move or massage the implants within the breast pockets during the #postoperative period. #Textured implants do not require breast massage. You will be informed about this at your post-operative visit.
Also, the two breasts commonly heal quite differently so #assymetry is not unusual. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete #healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.

One breast is smaller. Could this possibly get better?

I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support… 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Asymmetrical breasts

Thanks for the question and for the photos.

You should realize that you are very early in the healing porcess and that the breasts will change dramtically over time.  It is not uncommon for one side to have more swelling than the other.

Give it a couple of months and follow up as directed with your Plastic Surgeon.

Best of luck.

Dr T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Although I cannot predict whether your breast symmetry will improve with time, it IS predictable that your breasts will change significantly over the course of the next several months.  There are many variables involved in the process of postoperative healing after breast augmentation/lifting surgery.

In other words, it's much too early to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed. Hopefully, as the breasts change, symmetry will improve. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with longer-term.

Breast Lift Post Op

Thank you for your photos. It is a pleasure to answer your question. At 1 week post-op it is very early of your recovery process from breast lift. In my experience I would recommend you to wait from 4-6 months and let your breast heal completely and drop/settle into their final position. Try to have patience and follow up closely with your surgeon. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Carlos Recio, MD
Cali Plastic Surgeon

Breast surgery post op

Not sure if you had a breast lift or a reduction, and no mention of pre op asymmetry. Overall your breast position and shape is very nice. I do see the volume difference. At one week this could be a difference in the swelling on the two sides. Give it a few weeks and follow along with your surgeon. Good luck.

Results at one week

I would allow the breasts to heal which means giving them several months to soften and for the swelling to subside before over-analyzing them.

At just one week post op breast augmentation and lift, it is much too soon to judge the final result.  It is not unusual for one breast to be most swollen than the other at this point.  It will take at least 6 to 12 weeks to see the final result, but give things time to heal.  Let your surgeon know about your concerns.  They should be able to help advise you going forward. Best wishes, Dr. Lepore

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon