Breast Scar Revision, is there a doctor in Dallas that does it?

I live in Dallas, I was wondering if there's a doctor who will do a scar revision on my breast. My doctor is in Georgia but I can't travel there.

To find doctors in your local area, please click here. 

Doctor Answers 4


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size.

It takes about 6 weeks to heal on average and I wait 12 months before any scar revision 

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.


Best of luck!


Dr. Schwartz

Board Certified Plastic Surgeon



Dallas area surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There are several excellent board certified plastic surgeons in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I would suggest Dr. Louis Strock or Dr. William Adams. Both are excellent and will provide great care. Good luck.

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 67 reviews

Scar revision in Dallas

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question.  Generally, it's best to perform the scar revision once the scar has softened and fully healed.  Adjunctive treatments like steroid injections can be performed with the scar revision if you have a history of hypertrophic scars or keloids.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck! 

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS
Dallas Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 23 reviews

Breast Scar Revision, is there a doctor in Dallas that does it?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Most plastic surgeons do perform scar revision but would want to wait at least a year since your initial surgery to make sure the scars had matured. Also, if you have a history of keloids or hypertrophic scars, scar excision/revision along with steroid injections, may be the way to go. Best to see a board certified plastic surgeon in person who can examine your scars and recommend the best course of action. Good luck!

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.