Breast lift needed? (Photos)

I have been planning after being pregnant and breastfeeding 2 kids that I would get an augmentation but now after researching I think I may need a lift too. I was only anticipating a cost around 6-7000 total but because of lift I'm worried it will be substantially more. I am currently 33 years old, 5' 3", 32B, 120 pounds and would like to be a full C.

Is a breast lift needed?

From your photo, and assuming that the covered breast in the front picture is reasonably symmetric with the visible side, I'd strongly recommend that you consider either a Benelli lift or a vertical lift to raise your nipple position.  This does add to the expense and time in surgery but should not be as expensive as a full uplift would be.  Getting the "wrong" procedure (ie implants without an uplift) may make you unhappy that you proceeded IMHO.  Watch the video above for a more detailed discussion of the choice and best wishes for a happy result.  

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Is a breast lift needed?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Breast Lift Options

Dear coolgirl83,

It is hard to say by a picture because you are leaning a bit on your side view, but if the nipple is the same height as the underlying fold you may be able to get by with a lesser type of lift such as a donut breast lift or even a crescent lift. Though more involved than straight augmentation, it can be a good compromise procedure.

I hope this has been helpful.

Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Breast Lift Options

Dear coolgirl83,

I hope this has been helpful.

Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Do I need a breast lift or just an implant if I've had kids?

Doing research online is a great way to begin the process of educating yourself on potential cosmetic plastic surgery options.  However, the best way to find out if you need a lift or not will be to meet with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon who can make a personalized surgery plan to meet your goals.  Your surgeon will perform an examination to determine whether or not a lift would be appropriate for you at the time of breast augmentation.  Many women are very happy with the more youthful, natural and attractive results of an implant only.

To lift or not to lift?

Thank you for your question. Your situation is very common to all ‘moms” out there who want to rejuvenate your body after the "tolls" secondary to pregnancies.  Review of your pictures show that your breasts are ptosis due to “deflation” after your pregnancies.  In my opinion, to achieve a C cup with fullness of the upper poles of the breasts, a mastopexy with augmentation is recommended.  There are other alternatives included stand alone mastopexy (different techniques: periaerolar, vertical , and “anchor” wise-pattern), and large implant augmentation.  However, I am not a big fan of using large implant for the “lift” of the breasts.  The best approach for you at this time is to visit a board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss all options in detail. 

Your Truly,

Brandon-Dzung Mang, M.D.

Brandon Dzung Mang, MD
Clearwater Plastic Surgeon

To lift or not to lift?

Your Truly,

Brandon-Dzung Mang, M.D.

Brandon Dzung Mang, MD
Clearwater Plastic Surgeon

Lift AND implants?

Your photos show that you have experienced some drooping and loss of breast volume, a common phenomenon after breast feeding.

There is hope! First, you and your surgeon will determine if and how much more volume you'll need with implants. The implants will help to lift the breasts somewhat but the final degree of perkiness will come from a lift. To be sure, plant to consult a Board Certified plastic surgeon who can demonstrate plenty of experience with this type of surgery. See the link for examples of where a lift and implant are combined.

Lift AND implants?

Small lift

I think with the small amount of ptosis that you have, you'd only need a small lift at most (e.g. Benelli), and you could likely "get away" with just having the implants done, with a type III dual plane technique, which should help the nipples sit where we want them to on the implants.  I'd tend to go more that route, and let things settle.  Then if in a year or so, you still want to be a touch higher, you could easily get a small lift done for a much lower cost, so in affect the same cost overall.

Small lift

Breast Lift v Aug v Both

You have typical appearing pseudoptotic breasts after children = tissue on upper tummy, decent nipple position and loss of upper pole volume. With a round implant I'd recommend a dual plane technique and a possible nipple repositioning or "nipple lift". If you want high and tight breasts, I think a full lift with an implant would be required. If you are open to use of shaped implants, and a natural look that fills out clothes/bathing suit nicely, then a shaped implant in a subfascial location would work well too. As you see, there's no one way to fix a problem in plastic surgery. I combine patient goals, expectations, lifestyle etc. into the decision making process. All the best.

Breast Lift v Aug v Both

Breast lift

It looks like you could benefit from a small lift with the implants. Best to be seen in person to be properly evaluated.

Breast lift

Breasts

Thank you for your question and pictures.  It is hard to say 100% from your pictures, but I think that likely with the correct size and style of implant (in my opinion, a high profile gel implant) you will not need a lift. That said, physical exam and discussion of implant size will help to make that determination.  Be sure to see a Board Certified PS for your consultation.

Breasts

Breast lift needed?

Good afternoon. Thanks for your question, Yes, you need a breast lift with augmentation, you will be a very good candidate for the procedure. Contact a board certified plastic surgeon to help you during your journey. 

Luis A. Mejia, MD

Breast lift needed?

Luis A. Mejia, MD