Which breast lift would better for me - the lollipop lift or an internal lift combined with benelli lift? (Photo)

I'm looking into getting my 492 cc silicone gel under muscle removed. I've had two consultations with two board certified plastic surgeons. I'm so undecided as to which doctor I should use for the procedure because they both have very different opinions as to which type of lift I need to have. One thinks I need a lollipop lift or anchor lift (he will decided upon removing the implant) and the other wants to do an internal lift with benelli lift.

Depends on your expectations

Your nipples are not that low but you have a long distance between your areolae.   A Lollipop lift will NOT address that excess and you will have a better shape if you remove a horizontal piece of skin above the fold with an anchor lift.    And that scar above the fold usually heals very well and I would not compromise the result for fear of an additional scar.   The WORST thing you could do is a Benelli lift!     Your breast will still look droopy from the side and in all likelihood, your areolae will stretch and the scar around the areolus will stretch a lot with time!

Extra skin after implant removal

Well, here is a third opinion.  I would remove the breast implants, wait 6 weeks and re-evaluate.  Your skin will have retracted and you will more accurately be able to determine exaclty what type of procedure you will need, it is 2 operations, but the right choice. 

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Explant

Thank you for your question and photos.  From the amount of excess skin and tissue that would be left over after your explant, I recommend a full scar mastopexy to give you the perkiest breasts.  The two procedures you mentioned do not address the vertical length of the breasts.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Lollipop is better in my opinion

Thanks for your question and the photos. You do have large breasts and removing the implants will certainly reduce a lot of stress on your breasts as well as your neck and back. With regard to reshaping your breast, I think the lollipop is a far better technique than the Benelli. Patients sometimes choose the Benelli because it avoids the scar on the lower part of the breast. The irony is that the vertical extension that is made in the lollipop heals great and more importantly it takes tension off the scar around the areola. This leads to a much prettier shape and better overall scarring. Best of Luck.

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Breast lift after reversal of augmentation

Hi and thanks for your question.  This is a difficult situation to predict pre-operatively.  The implants you have are quite large and there is already a degree of skin excess.  I would be very surprised if the degree of skin excess you have could be adequately addressed with the Benelli technique unless you are prepared to access a lot of puckering around the areola and a lot of flattening of the breast.

In the lateral view you also have a very long areola to infra mammary fold distance.  Both the Benelli and Lollipop skin reductions do not adquately reduce skin in this region.  In my practice, I would actually be suggesting a Wise pattern (Anchor scar) skin reduction as I believe what you lose in the extra scar, you gain many times over with a better shape and less bottoming out of the resultant breast.

Good luck

Mark Hanikeri
Specialist Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon