Should I get a breast lift and areola reduction? (Photo)

I wear a 34 D cup sized bra. My breats sag immensely, are there any procedures that would give me very good results? I'm worried about scars but is there any way I could cover those up, such as using waterproof makeup? Also, I have seen after photos of people's breast lifts and their nipples look odd and botched I guess you could say, is there anyway to prevent that? I also want a natural look for my areolas when I do a reduction, is it possible to do that.

Breast Lift and Areolar Reduction

You will absolutely achieve what you want if you go for a highly qualified PS. However, a breast lift and areolar reduction without scar may not allow you to achieve your expected result and your breast size cannot be significantly changed. According to this technique, you will get 34C+ from 34D and  your areolar will become aound 7 cms from 10 cms.

Thailand Plastic Surgeon

Should I get a breast lift and areola reduction?

Thank you for your question and photographed.

Your most important decision is your choice of an experienced, ethical board certified plastic surgeon who has a lot of experience with cosmetic breast surgery.

He must make the decision whether you are willing to have scars on your breast because you will need a breast lift with a vertical scar component such as a lollipop lift or anchor breast lift.  If you are not willing to accept these scars then you should not even think about surgery. For more information please read the link below:

Breast lift and reduction

Hello, breast lift and reduction is indicated in your case its possible that an inverted T scar will be left, the horizontal part of this scar will not be visible because it will be covered by mammary sulcus, tehere are several resources to improve scar appearance, the cost for this procedure can vary from 3,000 to 3,600.

Kemil Issa, MD

Sagging, Heavy Breast

The only real option to lift your breasts and remove some of the excess weight is to have a breast lift and reduction.  Some of the tissue can be left behind and rearranged to get you more upper pole fullness too. Breast surgery can result in changes including the inevitable scarring that you may find unacceptable.  Only you can decide if the improved shape and size is worth the tradeoff for the scars.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

A well performed breast reduction with a lollipop incision will reduce the size  and elevate  your breasts. The nipples will be redced as well

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Should I get a breast lift?

Part of the problem with only getting a lift is that your breasts are large and heavy. As such, the skin is going to stretch out if that heaviness is maintained. I would suggest getting a small reduction as well.  The breasts will be lifted and maintain their perkiness for a longer period of time. The areolae can be reduced as part of that operation. Also, if you plan to get pregnant in the future, you might want to hold off having surgery until after you are done.

Paul W. Loewenstein, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Hi and thanks for the question. If you want perky and smaller breasts which do not feel heavy then bilateral  breast reduction (BBR) is the answer. For you a vertical scar is an ideal choice as it has less scarring and can make a modest decrease in size and weight. If you don't want to go smaller then an uplift of similar incision will do the job. Both will reduce the size of your areola.

Good luck.

Breast Lift

Thank you for your question.  You appear to be an excellent candidate for a breast lift.  The areolas are reduced in size as part of the breast lift procedure.  Given the current fullness, you can achieve a very good result with full, perky, lifted breasts.  Surgeons perform procedures different from one another and some do not suture the skin closed as others do so patients will sometimes end up with unsightly scars or oddly shaped areolas with certain surgeons.  I recommend you closely look at the before and after photos of surgeons as part of the interview/consultation process.  As always, consult with board certified plastic surgeons with plenty of experience in the procedure of interest and proven excellent results.  Even beautiful scars are visible to some degree but can be camouflaged with makeup if necessary.  Hope this helps.  Best wishes!

Breast lift in a young woman

Dear Melissa,

Although you do not reveal your age, from the youthful and full appearance of your breasts, I would bet that you are very young and have not had children.  If that is the case, then leave your breasts alone and wait until you do.  They are beautiful breasts and breast lift surgery will cause scarring, and possibly affect breast feeding.  Good luck!

Candidate for a breast lift?

Thanks for your photo and question.  You appear to be a very good candidate for a full breast lift and the anchor incisions are the price to pay for having a dramatic lift of your breasts.  Healing varies in part based on technique but mostly based on genetics.  I offer my patients the use of Embrace Scar Therapy taping but though the improvement is noticeable, the incision lines are still going to be there and will be prominent for at least 9-15 months.  If you heal without any complications you will hopefully look back at your before pictures and wonder why you didn't do the surgery sooner. 

Discuss options with an ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeon

Jon A. Perlman, MD