Breast explanation recovery time?

I had my implants removed 3 months ago. The capsule was left inside on my left side, and since I had minor capsular contracture on my right side, my dr. Made cuts in the muscle so tit would adhere. Left side is healing perfectly, but my right side looks indented near my chest bone, and is smaller than the left. I had implants in for 2 years and went up from a size B to a C. Help!!! Am I going to look uneven forever???

Breasts asymmetric after implants

Thank you for asking about your breast implant removal.

• You still have some healing to do - so give yourself another three months.
  • You can be uneven after implants are removed - and may have been uneven before implants.
  • No two breasts are symmetric.
  • The chief concern is if you are happy with the result.
  • After six months, see your surgeon, discuss your result and see what might be done.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Asymmetric breasts after explant

From the brief history provided, I am concerned that you might be left with this asymmetry. On the bright side, It would be relatively easy to fix with fat grafting. Best of luck!

Revision after breast explant

Thank you for your question.  Although things tend to look better as you heal, it's hard to say what your situation would be without an exam or looking at photos.  If you need revision, there may be several treatment options like fat transfer.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Asymmetry likely will be less pronounced with time

Thanks for your question. I'm sorry for your frustration. The asymmetry you are describing is not uncommon and likely will be less pronounced. After about 6 months you will have a better idea. Fat grafting to correct an asymmetry might be an option in the future. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Revision

Based on the information shared, you may need a minor revision once you are fully healed.  Follow up with your surgeon so he can monitor your progress.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Revision will be needed

Although it is still somewhat early to judge the outcome, it sound like you will need a revision surgery.