HELP! Breast Asymmetry! What should I do? (photos)

I feel like i have an extreme case of asymmetry. What would bey best option to fix it that is also cost effective (least expensive)?

Breast Asymmetry

Thank you for your question and photos. Asymmetries are very common and yes, there are surgical options to correct it. You could consider some combination of breast reduction & lift procedures depending on your aesthetic goals. I recommend that you meet with a board certified Plastic Surgeon in person in order to be examined and discuss your options.

All the best 

Breast a

your asymmetry is not extreme and is what many women have 

Your best result is a differential breast lift/augmentation  - this can balance the breasts nicely and improve the drooping and shape

Breast Asymmetry

Hi.  I think you have lots of options to help fix your asymmetrical breasts.  When one breast is larger than the other, the basic premise is to make the smaller one larger, or the larger one smaller, or a combination of both.  The least expensive option would be to make your larger one smaller with a breast lift and small reduction, while on the smaller side, you can either leave it alone (least expensive) or just have a lift without a reduction.  This can be done as an outpatient surgery, with relatively little downtime.  Let me know if you have other questions.

Jonathan Heistein, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

Thank you for your question and photos.  From what I can see you have a mild asymmetry with the right breast (in the photo) being larger and more ptotic (saggy).   A mastopexy (lift) with a small reduction on the larger breast would be very likely to improve the asymmetry.  Your presentation is very common and all women have some level of asymmetry between their breasts.  If you wanted more upper pole fullness, you could also consider implants in combination with the lift and place a slightly smaller implant on the larger side.  Good luck. 

Extreme case of breast asymmetry?

I would not consider your case to be extreme. A lift on the smaller breast and a breast reduction on the larger one to match the smaller breast will achieve symmetry.  The Horndeski Method breast lift/reduction is a current technique that does not require breast implants nor the vertical scar to provide maximum lift and upper pole fullness. Attached is a patient who had this technique and did not require implants. You can see her before video in my video gallery. I hope this helps. Best wishes,

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

Don't worry, your case is really not that severe. One of my plastic surgery professors used to tell me " Mehdi, always remind your patients that breasts are sisters not twins". Believe me Elizabeth, I have seen some cousin breasts. A really effective option for you would be to get a breast lift on the right and a breast reduction on the left. Please consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has lots of experience in these cases. Good luck. 

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD

Breast Asymmetry! What should I do?

You need to discuss your goals and desired size in a face to face setting to reach your best decision.  I would be thinking along the lines of a reduction/lift and a lift on the smaller side.  Don't expect perfection of symmetry but nicer and more perky breasts.  Have an ABPS Bd Certified surgeon show you examples of many other patients to see how they healed and the visibility of the patients permanent incision lines before deciding. Enjoy the linked video above.

Warm regards,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca 

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Breast Asymmetry

It is not extreme, and in fact easily correctable with an asymmetric breast lift and reduction. Anything shy of this will not work well (like breast implants alone).  Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in cosmetic breast surgery. Cheap plastic surgery is not recommended; research shows that poor outcome and risk to life and limb are higher. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Left breast reduction

Your left breast is larger than left breast. Thus you need reduction of left breast.  You can choose to go another step and have both breasts lifted at the same time. It is strictly your choice. Quality will always cost you more.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Breast asymmetry and options

Hi elizabeth.

First, I would encourage you to consider quality before cost.  With your body and health, you may not get a second chance.

Now to the issue at hand.  You have several options available.  Both of your breasts are ptotic, which is to say that the nipples have descended to a low position.  You would benefit from a reduction or a lift.  The difference between the two is that with a reduction, an attempt is made to create smaller breasts by removing breast gland.  With a lift, it is mainly the extra skin that is removed while preserving as much breast gland as possible.  In both cases however, the breast will be somewhat smaller.

With either procedure, the nipple will be raised up and the breasts will be made more perky.

If you choose to have your breasts corrected, you should consider a lift if you want to keep the size larger and a reduction if you want the breasts significantly smaller.

As an alternative, you may also consider having the larger breast slightly reduced and lifted to match the smaller breast.

Let me just advise you that all breasts are at least somewhat asymmetrical so you will never be "perfect".  The goals of any of the procedures is to get you breasts that you will be happy with, that meet your goals, and that are more symmetrical.  I provided a link to a patient of mine that is not too far out from surgery, and note that she has persistent asymmetry, but that doesn't detract from her improved result, and she is elated with that result.

Hope this helps.

Sek