Will this accident affect the results of my Botox?

I had a Botox injection to my forhead yesterday and I just accidentally hit my forehead very strong. Will this hit affect the result of my Botox and move the Botox ?

Accident and Botox

Thank you for your question. No, it is unlikely that when you hit your head, it had or will have any effect on the Botox you had injected.

Benjamin J. Cousins MD

Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Botox effectiveness after Botox injection to the forehead

It is not likely that localized trauma to the forehead after Botox injection will adversely reduce the effectiveness of the injected Botox.

Dr Karamanoukian
#RealSelf100 Member

Thank you for your question in regards to Botox.
Bumping your head after Botox should not effect your treatment unless it was right 
To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Botox Injections and Trauma to Area

botox will not be changed by trauma to the area after the injection. please see an expert if you are concerned.  best, dr emer.

Botox for the forehead

Don't worry.  You do not need to be concerned that bumping your forehead would affect your Botox treatment.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Accidents should not effect botox

Bumping your head should not affect Botox unless you just had the Botox and the bump caused you to vigorously massage the wrong areas. even that might not mater . Don't worry and be careful.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Trauma to forehead a day after Botox

This will  have no effect on your outcome. The Botox is absorbed within hours. If you see a problem after about 10 days, discuss with your doc.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Thank you for your question.  Luckily, trauma typically doesn't impact the effects of Botox.  Be sure to follow up with your injector in a couple of weeks to evaluate your progress.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Botox and Trauma

Thanks for your question (and so sorry to hear you hit your forehead - ouch!).  You are in luck though.  Typically Botox is not affected by trauma to the area.  Wait the full two weeks and then return to your experienced injector with any concerns!  Best of luck!

Accident after Botox

Hitting your head after Botox injection wont affect the results. it usually takes 5 days or so for Botox to start working and 10 days or so to reach a peak so just be patient and watch

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist