Borderline lift after pregnancy/breastfeeding? Will I get a natural look with just implants? (photos)

My PS stated I am borderline lift. My nipples are above my crease. They point straight not angled downwards. He recommended HP to fill out the upper pole and fill out my deflated breasts. I understand that implants alone will only fill out the existing breast. I know the nipple will stay as is and I am fine with that and a natural sloped look. I understand that in the future I will most like need a lift. I am hoping to go a DDD or E cup as the additional pictures show.

Thank you for your question and photos.  I would suggest that you get a lift along with implants.  If you get just implants which will get you to be around your goal size, you will need a lift eventually as you stated as large implants will cause your breasts to sag even more.  Please work with your plastic surgeon to ensure that you receive the best result  possible.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Borderline lift?

Thanks for your question and pictures. I would need to perform a physical exam to be sure, but it appears that you need a lift in addition to your augmentation. In my opinion, you are not borderline.

This is a difficult issue for many patients. I have never met a patient that desires the extra scars associated with a breast lift. Many doctors will go to great lengths to avoid these scars: using a dual plane dissection, using HP implants, using large implants, or placing above the muscle. All of these "tricks" might help temporarily or might not help at all.

After a couple of years, if you needed a lift you will be unhappy with your heavy or droopy results using these tricks. 

I would recommend discussing this with several board-certified plastic surgeons in person to best understand your situation. It is doing your homework before surgery.

Best of luck

Breast Implants

Another idea would be to try the dual plane internal lift with implants.  See the reference and the video below.  On average this raises the nipple about 1/4-1/2 inch.  Talk to your PS about this option also.  It sound like you are aware of your alternatives and that you might need a lift in the future.  All the best, Dr. Joe

Borderline for lift after pregnancy/breastfeeding

Hello, from the photos provided it appears that your nipples are lower on your breast mound but not pointing straight down.  Some people with this appearance will want to have implants and a lift but others want to avoid the lift scars.  It sounds like you have realistic expectations of the outcome and you have already acknowledged that a lift might be an option in the future.  If this is the case, it is reasonable to have implants alone and determine if the result is what you wanted.

Borderline lift after pregnancy/breastfeeding? Will I get a natural look with just implants?

Hello! Thank you for your question! The mastopexy procedure raises the breast, which ultimately provides a more youthful and perky breasts. This is done by removing the extra loose skin and rearranging the surrounding breast tissue in order to reshape and support the newly formed breast. At the same time, the nipple-areolar complex (NAC) is raised to the ideal position above the fold beneath your breast (the inframammary fold) as well as being placed at the most projecting portion. Oftentimes with age or following pregnancy, the NAC becomes widened and enlarged. This may be reduced in size during the breast lift procedure.

It is common for the breast to lose its firmness and uplifted appearance over time, which is also accentuated with age, pregnancy/breast feeding, weight gain/loss, and gravity. This results in breast ptosis, or sagging of the breast, with a “deflated” appearance. Women seek the mastopexy procedure to regain the previous youthful appearance of her breasts and women report increased confidence, self-esteem, and femininity once achieving this desired shape and fullness. Breast lifts may or may not be performed with implants – the implant would add increased size but also greater fullness in the upper pole of the breasts which creates more cleavage. Given your photo, I would consider a lift with an implant. Hope that this helps!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Borderline breast lift after pregnancy/breastfeeding? Will I get a natural look with just breast implants?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photograph a breast lift in addition to implants is likely required to achieve the desired look that you posted.  It may be possible that a submammary breast implant on top of the muscle will give you full breasts, but I think there is risk of a snoopy deformity if the implant does not fall into a position beneath the nipple areaola.

However as long as you understand that you may need a breast lift in the future it can be appropriate to have a submammary breast augmentation now with the understanding that he lift may be required in the future. For more information on breast lift with implants please read the following link:

Good Advice

It sounds as if you have already had very good advice from your PS. Your goal pictures do demonstrat nipples that are in a higher position than you will have with an augmentation only.

It sounds as if you do not want a lift at this time, so a very reasonable plan is to perform an augmentation now with the understanding that you may need a lift in the near future.

Jeremiah Redstone MD    

Jeremiah Redstone, MD

Large Natural Breast Augmentation

It is impossible to predict this outcome, but keep in mind that you ideally would need a lift for a youthful result. There is the possibility that the implants will remain high and the breast will sit below the crease as it is now leaving you with an imbalanced result. 

Be sure to find a board certified expert in breast surgery before you proceed. Best of luck, Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

I am not sure that an augmentation alone is going to give you the look you want. The implant will sit at the breast fold, and a high profile implant will create a bulge in the upper pole of your breast, but will not lift the breast. I am not sure that this is going to look right without lifting the breast to position them on the implant instead of falling off of the implant if you just do an augmentation. Your breast seem to drop a fair amount below the fold making a lift a better option in my opinion

Breast list with augmentation after pregnancy.

I definitely think you would greatly benefit from the breast lift with implants and have concerns that the implants alone could give you a less than desirable result. Additionally, the list would provide a much longer lasting improvement by helping with lift and support. Even a large implant could result in a "double-bubble" phenomenon. You could conceivably do the augmentation now and the lift later, however you would then have to undergo a second surgery which of course will require more money and a second recover period. Good luck with your decision.