Boobs are severely asymmetrical. I'm 35, 5'8, 170 lbs. What size I should get? Lift or no lift? (Photo)

I've struggled with this all my life, and I'm finally ready for a change. I want my boobs to be the same size and look natural. What size? Silicone or saline? Lift or no lift?

Breast options

Thanks for your inquiry, decided what size to go is a very personal decision and frankly is not the hardest part of your breast process.  You are right you have significant asymmetry and need to seek the consultation of an experienced plastic surgeon who can counsel you on your options.  You need to have them show you there before and after results of a patient like you.  You will need to use two different implant and techniques including at least a unilateral lift to get a good result.  Even then, you need to be prepared that your breasts will have some asymmetry and that your breasts may "age" or change over time differently.  Please go get several opinions, I think you can get a great result, good luck!

Boobs are severely asymmetrical. I'm 35, 5'8, 170 lbs. What size I should get? Lift or no lift?

You will definitely need a breast lift on the lower breast and implants on both sides. Size will be determined by the base width of your breast which will be measured by your surgeon. A recent survey revealed that 83% of board certified plastic surgeons at one meeting use smooth, round silicone gel implants. See below for more on asymmetry;

Options for asymmetry

Thank you for your question and providing photos. The asymmetry of your breasts is apparent from your pictures. As another surgeon suggested, your breasts will never be identical, but the symmetry can be improved significantly. Based on your pictures alone, I would recommend silicone implants placed bilaterally (most likely different sizes) with a lift on the side that is lower and larger. I would need to examine you in person and take measurements to discuss size and specific techniques that would be needed. Please meet with a few board certified plastic surgeons who are experienced with these types of cases to review photos and discuss your options. Good luck!

Ashley Gordon, MD

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue, hugs!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast asymmetry

Thank you for your question.  As you've stated, your photos demonstrate severe asymmetry.  To achieve better symmetry, you would likely need breast implants of different sizes and a breast lift on the sagging side.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS