Are my breasts too close together after lift and augmentation? (Photo)

Will I need a revision? I am 3 weeks post op and am pleased with the shape and incisions but am wondering if my breasts are too close together and will get closer as they settle?

Are my breasts too close together after lift and augmentation? = follow up with your plastic surgeon #breastaugmentation

Patients with questions and concerns about their breast augmentation healing process should address those concerns with the plastic surgeon that performed the operation.

3 weeks after aug/lift

Thanks for your question and photo. I think you have a very nice result for 3 weeks. I would not be concerned about the position or shape of your breasts at this point. There will be a lot of settling of the implant and breast position over the next 2-3 months. Congratulations on a great result! 

You are fine

Stop worrying. You are fine. You had a good operation. Everything will even get better as times goes on.  

Vasdev Rai, MD

Are my breasts too close together after lift and augmentation

Thank you for your question. You are in early phase of healing. Please wait for the swelling to go down and the implants to settle. Most likely it is going to be OK. Please also express your concerns to your PS

Breast Lift Recovery

You look very nice for 3 weeks out.  You are bound to see some settling and rounding out of your breasts over the next few months so, your shape may change a bit.  Some patients tend to have more natural cleavage than others depending on how their native breasts are formed. 

Point out any concerns to your surgeon but your full shape will take time to develop.  Thanks for the question!

Breast lift augmentation early result

Thanks for your inquiry and pictures.  You are early in your healing and some changes are to come which may alter your opinion about the cleavage plane of your breast. Without a before picture it is hard to know how close your breast were before surgery.  Discuss your concern with your plastic surgeon.  Good Luck.

Breast augmentation and lift - are breasts too close?

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation and lift.
  • Your breasts are fairly close together but they may have been this way to start.
  • You are still swollen at 3 weeks - things will change but are unlikely to become closer.
  • Let your surgeon know of your concerns so you and s/he can follow your healing together.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast too close?

With out a preoperative photograph, it is difficult to tell if your breast started out very close on your chest wall or not.  At 3 weeks post op, there are still some changes that can happen.  Follow up with your operating plastic surgeon.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS