Bariatric Surgery After Plastic Surgery?

This summer May 19,and I will be getting bbl and breast augmentation so that I can have a very nice figure but even though you have to do diet and exercise but the problem is sticking to it by trying to stay eating smaller size portions of food or watch the calories, I feel i need a more constant solution so that i have to eat smaller portions and purposefully watch my calorie intake so I have been looking into getting gastric bypass a year after my cosmetic surgery procedures.

I would suggest that you wait until you have reached your long-term stable weight PRIOR to seeking consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate lots of examples  achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. 

Then, communicate your goals carefully. Learn about the pros/cons/risks/complications associated with the operations discussed. Achieving realistic expectations will be important as well.

You may find the attached link, dedicated to patients who have experienced significant weight loss, helpful to you as you consider options.   Best wishes.

Bariatric Surgery After Plastic Surgery

Briannalamar,

You have an option to have either procedure first. I do agree that overall, it would probably be best to optimize your weight loss first so the landmarks that the Plastic Surgeon will use will be stable and reliable. There are a range of weight loss surgeries and they vary in how "complex" they are. If you and your weight loss surgeon find you are a candidate, your choice of surgeries and timing will depend on several factors. You don't mention your current body weight or Body Mass Index, or how much weight you would like to lose. To be complete, your choice of surgery may allow you to have the bariatric and a plastic surgery to be done at the same time; for example, our clinic provides two types of outpatient procedures. Discuss these options with your surgeons. Best wishes in reaching your goals.

Donald J Waldrep, MD, FACS, FASMBS
Weight Loss Surgeon
Beverly Hills and Thousand Oaks, CA

Donald Waldrep, MD
Thousand Oaks Bariatric Surgeon

That will be better to get a bariateic surgery and a plastic surgery afterward. You can expect sagging skin with massive weight loss. 

Sehoon Kang, MD
South Korea Bariatric Surgeon

Plastic surgery and bariatric surgery

I recommend a bariatric procedure first. With significant weight loss you can develop excess (sagging) skin. You can also lose adipose tissue in your breasts which may change their appearance (even with implants).  The end result is altering the appearance from your cosmetic surgery as a result of significant weight loss.

Carson C. Cunningham, MD
Lafayette Bariatric Surgeon