Am I a good candidate for a TT and lipo? (photos)

I wanted to know if I would benefit from a TT and lipo. Maybe possibly a mommy makeover. I have currently lost 35 pounds and still working. It's a life change for me but want a boost of confidence. I don't scar well and my scares tend to be hypertrophic a bit, how low is the scar? What is the down time?

Candidate for a Mommy Makeover

It's difficult to suggest without a in-person one-on-one consultation. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  

#Combined operations are often performed with our #Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with a #MommyMakeover. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your physician and board-certified plastic surgeon. Also, combining these #procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.

In addition to a one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures.  We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measures.  MWL (massive weight loss patients of  75 lbs or more) tend to have poor skin elasticity and will frequently need additional tightening even afte 6 -12 months regardless of who or how their surgery is performed. This is simply the nature of such body tissues and the ability to heal with the lack or limited elasticity. 

Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Find the right surgeon in the US- Always insist on a board certified surgeon

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another.  See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a consult.

Let your surgeon decide with you about if it is safe or not for you to undergo surgery. 

Am I a good Candidate?

Thank you for your recent question and congratulations on your recent weight loss! Based off your photos you look to be a great candidate for a breast lift, abdominoplasty with diastasis repair and liposuction to the posterior hips and bra line region.  Be sure to research and choose a board certified plastic surgeon you are comfortable with.  If you choose to do a mommy makeover this is a procedure that is done under general anesthesia and requires roughly 3 weeks to recover for light activity and 6-8 weeks to recover for heavy core activity.  Since you have a history of poor scaring there is different scaring treatments we can do to help achieve the best result. Best of Luck!

DrDerby

Thank you for your question and the photos. You are a good candidate for surgery Tummy Tuck and lipo in all areas needed. Also you can think about a breastlift or implant. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Mommy makeover

Your breasts sag and the nipples point to the floor. You would benefit from a lift and an implant. Your abdomen likely has some loss of integrity with muscle weakness. The scar for the tummy tuck is very low. Scarring can be managed but will never be totally faded. This would definitely improve your physical appearance. Be sure you are finished with pregnancies. 

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck and Liposuction

Thank you for your question and for sharing appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for a mommy makeover. A lateral tension abdominoplasty tummy tuck will help tighten your abdominal muscles and remove loose skin. This procedure leaves a very low scar, so it would be hidden below the bikini line. Liposuction performed at the same time will help contour your waistline even more and give you the best result. You will need to work with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. If your scars are unsightly, there are several treatments to consider post-procedure. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Best procedure for you, some advice:

Thanks for the question.

In this regard,i recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.

Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Mommy makeover

Thank you for your questions and congratulations on your weight loss.  You would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction, as well as a breast lift should you be interested.  However, I suggest you first reach your goal weight prior to actually undergoing the surgery in order to obtain the best result possible.  Consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons to discuss your options.  Best wishes!

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question.

Congratulations on your weight loss!

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Am I a good candidate for a TT and lipo?

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your weight loss.  Yes, you appear to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck and liposuction.  A breast lift might also be a good option.  The scar for the tummy tuck is placed very low, so that it's concealed.  In terms of hypertrophic scars, certain medication can be injected into the incision at the time of surgery to help reduce the risk of that.  Downtime averages around 1-2 weeks before return to light duty work.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck! 

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS