Am I a good candidate for a fat transfer to the breast? (Photos)

I'm 5'4 and very active yet I can't lose the stubborn back fat I've had my entire life and I hate the small bit if loose skin I have left over post pregnancy. It doesn't look too bad but I notice it. I weight 130-135 pounds and I would like to transfer fat from my back and stomach to my breast. Would this be expensive? I have horrible credit so I'll be paying out of pocket. I am adamant about NOT getting implants. I don't want giant melons, my breast are beautiful i just want the fullness back.

Fat transfer to the breast

Hi there and thank you for the question. 

I agree with you that you have beautiful breasts with  good form and profile; you have the commonly seen slight emptying after pregnancy and breast feeding. If you are otherwise fit and healthy then certainly looking at your photographs I think that you would be a good candidate for fat transfer from the torso to the breasts; you seem to have realistic expectations also. The only caveat is that occasionally it can take more than one episode of treatment to achieve the desired volume; however you have the appearance on  the photographs of good and reasonable volume of breast tissue and so you would not need a  lot of fat to be transferred to achieve a significant and worthwhile improvement.

I hope that you have found this information to be helpful.

Best wishes

London Plastic Surgeon

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. You are an excellent candidate for a transfer to the breasts. This would allow the ability contouring the areas from which they had it removed but even liposuction as well. Fat is living tissue and, unlike an implant which must be placed in a specific pocket, has to be placed as millions of small seeds throughout the soft tissues. Although implants can give you a predictable volume, it can be expected that at some point in your life it will,have to be removed or replaced.  On the other hand, fat is more variable with regard to volume and shape, however, once integrated, fat is soft, natural and has the potential to last a lifetime. Fat also has the ability to provide shape in areas that an implant simply cannot go which would include the cleavage and upper portions of the breast. It is essential that you find a board certified surgeon plastic surgeon who is experienced in these surgeries as it is very technique dependant. I would encourage you to visit my website through the attached link below to view the many videos on fat transfer technique. Hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr. Kayser - Detroit

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Just based on your photos, you do seem to be a good candidate for fat transfer. Please remember that with a transfer, you can gain up to 1/2 to 1 cup size. Should you want more fullness, you would need a second transfer or implants. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area and discussing all your options.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation through fat transfer?

You do have nice natural shape and appear to be a good candidate for fat transfer.  Keep in mind that generally speaking you can achieve approximately 1/2 cup size procession of augmentation.  The procedure does take our time so it is not inexpensive but in the end you may be satisfied without the need for breast implant.  Discuss this with your ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon who is experienced and fat transfer techniques.  Best regards,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Breast Fat Transfer/ Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

Thank you for your question. About 60-70% of the grafted fat survives.  At 6 months you will have a good idea of your results. Some women have a second or third procedure which continues to increase your volume safely.   

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon

Fat transfer

If you are not looking to have a subtle increase and presuming you have suitable fat deposits fat transfer would seem appropriate. The best locations for transfer are from your flanks. I would caution you against lipo in your abdo if you have skin excess as often you can end up with more excess skin in this area.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafting to the breast

You are a candidate for fat grafting to the breast.  It can provide an increase in the overall volume but not lift the breast.  Roughly 60 percent of the volume of fat transferred can be maintained at one year.

Am I a good candidate for a fat transfer to the breast?

You are a good candidate for fat transfere to your breasts

It would take a minimum of two stages and I would recommend pre -operative expansion with the BRAVA

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon