Am I a candidate for eyelid surgery? (photos)

when I apply makeup it seems as though I barely have any eyelids and they are super uneven. I love the look of larger eyelids=larger eyes. Can u reshape eyelids making them bigger, forming them etc.? Here are a few pics of eyelid shapes I like

You would benefit from double fold surgery with ptosis repair.

I am concerned that you will have trouble finding the right surgeon where you live.  This is a very specialized surgery.  You need a surgeon who truly understands eyelids and performs double fold surgery.  Fundamentally there is help for you but you may need to travel to find the right surgeon.

Eyelid Surgery

Thank you for your question.  It would be best to schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your concerns and come up with a plan that is designed for you.  Good luck!

Eyelid Surgery

Thank you for sharing your case and photos.  I can tell that you are serious about your concerns.  The first step is to schedule a consultation with a board certified oculoplastic surgeon to see if surgery is the right option for you.  In general, ptosis repair can lift the lids and improve the symmetry.  Good luck!

Samuel Baharestani, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon

Am I a candidate for eyelid surgery?

Dear Dallascowboys123:Many factors make up the size and appearance of upper eyelids. Simply removing a pinch of skin works for many people as long as they have the anatomic qualities that make up an aesthetic eye. The size of the orbital bone determines how projected or how "deep set" the eye appears, and the genetic disposition of the patient determines the shape of the eyelid itself. Most patients want to preserve their heritage or ethnicity while obtaining a more functional and aesthetic eyelid appearance. All of these factors, as well as personal preference determine what the goals of eyelid surgery should be in each individual case. Discuss your concerns and your preferences with your surgeon and a realistic goal can be determined.John Standefer MD