Follow-Up Question: Am I a candidate for a chin implant? (photos)

I recently got a rhinoplasty a month ago and I am loving the results. But I still feel like my chin is a tad weak?

Candidate for a chin augmentation

Without an exam your question cannot be answered. However, your photos are helpful and you are probably a good candidate for a Chin Augmentation. You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision: Candidates for Chin Augmentation - Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation

Chin Augmentation Candidate

Dear Dallascowboys123, It appears from the photographs above that you would be a candidate for chin augmentation. Generally this is performed at the same time of the rhinoplasty procedure to bring balance to the profile and overall facial aesthetics. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Chin implant candidate

A chin implant is placed for patients who have a weak and recessive chin profile which also helps balance out the  chin to the new nose. Chin implants are composed of Silastic, and are placed through a small incision underneath the chin usually under local anesthesia as an outpatient procedure. The size and the shape of the implant is determined at the time of the consultation and examination. For many chin implant before and after results, please see the link and the video below

I feel like my chin is a tad weak?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery. Hope this helps.