Am I a candidate for a chin implant? (Photo)

I just got a nosejob. Very very happy with the results even though I am still quite swollen. But I still feel as though I have a receding chin? Does a chin implant really change your face drastically?

Candidate for a chin augmentation

Without an exam your question cannot be answered. However, your photos are helpful and you are probably a good candidate for a Chin Augmentation. You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision: Candidates for Chin Augmentation - Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation

Chin implant after rhinoplasty surgery

It is not uncommon to notice a receding chin after rhinoplasty surgery especially after a reduction rhinoplasty to make your nose appear smaller. An anatomic chin implant is the best option in my opinion since it restores the entire chin and not just the button area or front aspect. I would consult with a facial plastic surgeon in your area.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant

The best way to determine if chin augmentation is beneficial is to have some computer imaging to see how it looks with your new nose. Only you can answer that question and seeing the change will help you decide.

I still feel as though I have a receding chin? Does a chin implant really change your face drastically?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery. Hope this helps.

Chin implant

A chin implant can definitely make a drastic difference in regards to the cosmetic appearance of a person's face. The best view to be able to tell whether a chin implant would be beneficial or not would be a true side view. The picture you have is a little oblique and it depends on what look you are going for so its hard to give a good recommendation on whether a chin implant would truly give you the result you are looking for. A chin that protrudes too much can look "manly." Usually in a woman, the chin should set just behind a line going from the upper to the lower lip. Once the swelling from your recent surgery dissipates then you should be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon.
Ankur Mehta MD

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant

Thank you for your question and your photos. A chin implant can dramatically improve the profile of someone's face. If you are unsure if this is the right procedure for your desired goals start by finding a board certified surgeon who performs at least 100 of these procedures per year. They can use computer imagery to help you determine the possible outcome of a chin implant to fit your desired look. If you are not sure you can consider a small implant or even temporary filler is a smart way to bridge into an implant. It can be dissolved if you are unhappy. Wish you all the best,Dr. Mentz

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

Am I a candidate for a chin implant?

From examining your photos it appears you will improve your profile with chin enhancement. Computer imaging is often very helpful in making decisions about this procedure.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant

Thank you for the question and YES facial implants can dramatically change your appearance.  So go on some consultations where they use digital photography to enhance your image and see what can be done

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Chin implant candidate

A full set of facial photographs, especially from the side profile are required for making a determination about being a candidate for a chin implant procedure. Chin implants are placed for patients who have a weak and recessive chin profile and desire an augmentation. Chin implants usually placed through a small incision underneath the chin under local anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure. Chin implants are composed of Silastic and are manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes. Digital computer imaging from the side profile can also be helpful to see what a chin implant would look like on your facial features. For more information and many chin implant before and after results, please see the link and the video below

Am I a Good Candidate for a Chin Implant?

An implant will improve chin projection and balance in the lower 1/3rd of your face  but I cannot recommend this procedure without seeing a picture of your profile..