9 weeks post op - crescent lift - 457cc moderate profile silicone. (photo)

I am un happy with my size. I wanted to have more projection. I discussed this with my surgeon and he said I would have to go to a high profile implant. I wish we communicated more prior to my procedure. He is recommending to go from 457cc moderate to 550 high profile. I will have to pay for everything all over again but he will reduce his surgeon fees. Do you think 550 would be too big? I don't mind my breast now just wish they stuck out a little more.

9 weeks post op - crescent lift - 457cc moderate profile silicone.

Thanks for your photos and question.  Please keep in mind that as you go to a larger implant, the gravitational effect of the weight of the implants increases causing thinning of your breast tissue and skin and eventual return of droopiness.  If you are open to the option of a mastopexy you may get by with either the same size or a slightly larger implant so please discuss this and consider this with your plastic surgeon.  Very often patients show photographs of over augmented patients citing their fullness and projection but of course these pictures are only taken at one point in time and several years later the result may be quite different.  Your other option is to accept your breasts are nice and full and although showing some effects of gravity are quite acceptable. Good luck in making your decision.  Best wishes. Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Concerts after breast augmentation/lifting surgery…

I'm sorry to hear about your concerns after breast surgery; you are absolutely correct in that careful communication of  schools is critical.  I encourage patients to use as many "visual aids" as possible about for  allows for communication goals and discussion of realistic expectations.  In your current situation, it will be important to make sure that you will be pleased with re augmentation surgery with larger breast implants, as opposed to undergoing a more powerful breast lift as well.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "D or DD cup” or "more projection" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. 

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery ( after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers). Viewing the patient's chest wall in the upright and supine positions, with temporary sizes in place, help select the best breast implant size/profile for the specific patient.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to larger breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Needs a lift

In my opinion, conversion to a formal vertical lift will allow the surgeon to move the mass of the breast over the implant which will make for more projection. This alone may be enough to allow your breast to look more full. Adding 50 to 75 mL is a very small amount and can make for only a small difference in size. You might want to consider an ultrahigh profile gel implant. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Lift with high profile

Extra high profile Srx inspira silicone gel with a formal lift would be useful. Consult with breast revision specialist in your area 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Larger implant and projection

A larger implant will make your breasts larger but you appear to need a full lift to obtain more projection. I would discuss your goal more with your platinum surgeon.Dr. Edwards