4 days post-op Rhinoplasty Revision with nose tip round, short, and droopy. Will it appear more lifted after swelling goes away?

My 1st rhinoplasty looked good with defined prominent tip. After 6 months the tip lost projection &drooped with hanging collumella. I asked to shave collumella, extend &rotate the nose tip upward, and lower bridge height. Now 4 days post op, my nose tip is round, short &droopy. I've read online that initial swelling makes a nose look upturned rather than droopy? Will my nose appear lifted after swelling goes away? Does drooping naturally occur over time OR only from lack of structural support?

Revision Rhinoplasty Concerns

Dear Kali89, I would suggest that you speak with your surgeon regarding your concerns. He or she knows best what techniques were used with your revision procedure including what type of support i.e. grafts or suturing techniques were performed and what your proposed results were. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Recovering from rhinoplasty and evaluating your result

Recovering from rhinoplasty is a healing process. Part of that process is waiting for swelling to go down to see your result. Swelling may be prolonged in revision, rib, or extensive grafting. 

In the first 6-8 weeks the majority of swelling will go down. Over the next 6-9 months you'll experience a downward trending rollercoaster of swelling going up and down depending on your exposure to heat, sun, or salt. At one year, you're close to your final result; however, the nose is known to continue healing and refining by very small amounts for years after that. At 4 days, you're extremely early in the process.

The swelling commonly goes down in an uneven way. First one side and then the other goes down, which may give the appearance of a crooked nose until the other side catches up. The tip is the last area to settle down. It's important to follow your surgeon's instructions and keep your follow-up appointments so your surgeon can track your progress toward a safe and happy outcome. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon