33, 5'10, 225lbs, 3 c-sections. Lost 100lbs for tummy tuck & back lipo. Worried about pain & what to expect? Advise? (Photos)

Tummy tuck with back lipo after 100 pounds weight lose.

Post massive weight loss body contouring and pain

Hello and thank you for your question. Congratulations on your weight loss. Pain will be handled with local anesthesia and,appropriate narcotic analgesics,  both IV and orally.
As far as procedures go, the best procedure I believe for you is a lower body lift with auto augmentation of the buttocks and hips.  Associated liposuction will help. Arm lift with J-lift component will radically improve the arms and  upper side of the back. Good luck. 
Peter Fisher M.D 

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss and tummy tuck/ lipo

Congratulations on your weight loss! That is an amazing accomplishment. If you are at your goal weight, then I think you will do great with an extended tummy tuck or a circumferential body lift. You have some extra skin on your back which would do best with excision but will also improve with liposuction. Removing the skin will give you more tightness in this area so I would encourage you to consider a circumferential body lift. I think you will be very pleased with your results no matter what you chose. 

All of the procedures that you are considering are painful. Talk to your plastic surgeon about your concerns. There are many things available to improve your pain but it will not be possible to make the surgery completely pain free. The pain is temporary, though, and the results of surgery will last your lifetime. Good luck!

Jennifer Boll, MD
Tempe Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. Congratulations on your weight loss. You appear to be an excellent candidate for an extended tummy tuck. The skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Weight loss followed by TT

Thanks for your question and the photos. Congratulations on your weight loss; what an amazing accomplishment! I do believe that you will be a good candidate for body contouring. For safety reasons and to assure you get as good a result as possible, I personally would like to see your BMI at 30 or less. You will have a much better contour and waistline definition and the risk of postoperative complications will be diminished. Once that weight has been achieved I would reevaluate and see how much skin, fat, etc. is left. Options of circumferential vs extended abdominoplasty along with liposuction can be presented. I inject Exparel during surgery to help with pain management over the initial 3-4days. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

It is best to get a consultation

With your background history you will need more than just tummy tuck.  You need to see a plastic surgeon in person to understand your options. All surgeries are accompanied by some pain.  Pain and discomfort is a part of journey. Pain medicines are prescribed after surgery to ease associated pain.  

Vasdev Rai, MD

Lost 100lbs for tummy tuck & back lipo.

Thank you for your question.  Congrats on your weight loss!  Based on your photos, if your weight is currently stable and you are not a smoker, you would be a good candidate for an extended tummy tuck with liposuction of surrounding areas.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS