I'm 30 with 160lb weight loss. I'm wanting to have breast lift w/implant as well as tummy tuck. Where do I start? (Photo)

I'm 30 with 160lb weight loss. I'm wanting to have breast lift w/implant as well as tummy tuck. Also considering mini arm lift and thigh lift. What is best to start with?? Im also not set on a dr yet. Looking for any and all insight!

Mommy Makeover Options

The mommy makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BeastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair. The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, #breastreduction. All of these procedures can be completed in combinations with one another, so all you would need to do from here is to seek out local surgeons for consultations in regards to which procedures would best achieve your desired results. Good luck!

So much to do but where to start?

First off....congrats on your weight loss! That is very impressive! When I have patients that come see me after weight loss and they want many things done I have to stage these operations for them. Usually I recommend having the tummy tuck done first. I like doing the tummy tuck first because all these other areas are attached to the trunk. I like to set the trunk right first and then focus on surrounding areas.

I frequently combine tummy tuck with liposuction because I feel as though the results are usually superior to tummy tuck alone and usually this involves liposuction of the abdomen, hips, lower and upper back. If I only needed to do liposuction of the abdomen and hips with a tummy tuck, then I could combine this with a breast lift with implants.

I usually prefer doing the arm lift next and the thigh lift last.

I would do research online to find some board certified plastic surgeons in your area. Look at their before and after pictures and research their reviews online. Set up consultations with at least 3 plastic surgeons and then make the decision on who you think understands your expectations and who you think gives you realistic expectations. Wish you the best of luck on your journey to a new you!

Ankur Mehta MD

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover after massive weight loss

First, I would like to congratulate you on your weight loss.  This is an amazing accomplishment.  Depending on how you lost the weight would determine when you can get started.  If it was through bariatric surgery, you would want to wait at least a year and a half until your weight has stabilized.  She tried she can breast like doing a use cocoa and now  You also want to assure that you are nutritionally optimized.  If this was strictly through diet and exercise, great job and you're ready to go.  Common surgeries after massive weight loss include mastopexy, abdominoplasty, brachioplasty and thigh lifts.  Performing any of these procedures in combination is safe and typical.  The question of how many procedures to perform in one surgery would be a question for your plastic surgeon.  Typically, you would not want to exceed 6-8 hours for elective surgery.

Joseph C. Berardi, MD

Choosing a surgeon, getting the best results

It is not possible to tell about your breasts.  Based on these photographs you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck with muscle reconstruction. This will flatten the muscles, reconstruct your core muscular corset, revise the belly button, eliminate the stretch marks from the belly button to the pubic hairline, and remove the loose skin and fat of the anterior abdomen.

The first thing you should do is check the ASPS website for a list of doctors in your area. Then look at online reviews. Check the surgeon's website. Look at their results. Ask around to see if you have any personal references, these can be very helpful. Once you have screened the doctor, meet with them. If they are professional and sincere, educated and experienced, if they listen to your concerns and develop a plan which fits with your goals, you have found a good match.

What procedures to start with

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your weight loss.  In general, I would start with a tummy tuck +/- liposuction and a breast lift with implants.  The other procedures can be performed later.  Bear in mind, you would require an in person consultation and exam to get a better idea for your options.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Dr Derby Sang

I would start with a TT , some lipo all around the waist area, and the breastlift with implants. I would leave the mini arm lift/thigh lift for later .....  i think maybe when a surgeon sees you in person, that there is not much need of  thigh lift. I congratulate you with the huge weightloss , keep up the good work... exercise/healthy diet.... great surgery results :-)

Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Mommy Makeover Candidate

Judging by your description you could be a possible candidate for a Mommy Makeover.

Pregnancy and motherhood are wonderful and exciting times in a woman’s life. Many women, however, will experience unwanted permanent physical changes that are not always desirable. All too often, women find it emotionally and physically difficult to adjust to these new changes in their bodies affecting their self-esteem and personal self-image. These changes vary greatly and range from stretch marks and varicose veins to the more significant changes such as, smaller and sagging breasts, enlarged waist with redundant skin and larger hips.
Fortunately, there are many treatments available to correct or improve these common post-pregnancy changes. Many of these procedures are non-surgical or relatively simple outpatient surgeries. Some treatments are possible because of new technology such as lasers and liposuction developed in just the last few years. These surgeries are commonly known as the “mommy makeover”.

Far more important than deciding if a tummy tuck or a mommy makeover is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that!
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!
I have also attached a video for a possible Mommy Makeover Candidate.

Staging body contouring surgeries

Congratulations on the weight loss! It is difficult to say what you need at this point without being able to examine you. I say that because you don't appear to have a lot of excess skin in you abdominal area - just excess fat.  This excess fat may be amenable to further diet and exercise and/or liposuction, and as you are young, that skin will probably contract.  Thus, I am not convinced you absolutely need an abdominoplasty.  As a general rule when staging body contouring procedures, I begin with the abdomen and the breasts.  If that is too much, the abdomen is performed first as that sets the tension at the lower fold of the breast.   Arm and thigh procedures are performed a few months later after you are more mobile and healed from the first procedure. In any case, being evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon is essential. I have treated pretty devastating complications from these procedures when they were performed by well-meaning but unqualified surgeons.  A board certified plastic surgeon should thoroughly examine you and not try to "up-sell" you on procedures you may not need. An abdominoplasty is a terrific procedure when it is required, but the scar is significant and the recovery can be rough, so carefully weigh your options. You have a lovely figure as it is and should have a fabulous result with whatever procedure you choose. Best of luck!

Whitney A. Burrell, MD

Mommy Makeover - Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck and a breast lift +/- an implant. The skin excision and muscle tightening would give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

'm 30 with 160lb weight loss. I'm wanting to have breast lift w/implant as well as tummy tuck. Where do I start?

Congratulations on your weight loss and your commitment to a healthier lifestyle. I'm sure the quality of your life has already improved! The operations you seek in my opinion- will provide the significant improvement that you seek. I would stage the procedures and recommend the breast and abdomen surgeries first. When fully healed- the arms and legs can be addressed.