2 days after augmentation, Is this the size my Boob? (photos)

Post-op breast augmentation

You are still in the early healing phase at 2 days post-op.  Your implants should continue to settle over the next few months.  At this stage, it is normal for them to appear somewhat high on the chest wall.  They will drop and soften over time.  Although the size will likely be similar once fully healed, the shape will change considerably.

Best, Stephanie Power MD, MSc, FRCSC 

Early breast augmentation result

Thanks for your inquiry. Your implants are high like is the norm and it is early in the result.  Over time the implants fall, the muscles loosen, and the breast tissue will stretch.  Please discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.  Good Luck.

2 days after augmentation, Is this the size my Boob?

At only two days post operative you are very early in the healing process. Right now the muscle and surrounding skin is tight - compressing the size. With time things will settle. At this point your everything looks normal. You should discuss any concerns or questions with your chosen surgeon. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Two days after surgery

You are very early in your healing process, and your breasts look as is expected at this point.  Over the next several weeks your breasts will soften and the implants will shift.  This will be a gradual process.  Follow your plastic surgeon's advice regarding support and massaging to help with the settling.  

Camille Cash, MD

Still going to settle

Thanks for your question.  Your breasts look like I would expect them to look at 2 days post op.  Over the next several weeks, they should start to settle as the muscle relaxes and the skin stretches.  Your surgeon will explain what to look for when you go for your follow up appointment.

Good luck.

Jonathan Heistein, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

2 days post BA

You have a normal appearance for 2 days post-op. There is a great deal of swelling and the implants are high. I would encourage you to be patient. The skin and muscle will stretch out and the implants will fall over the next 2-3 months. Only then will you be able to know if the implant size was the correct choice. 

2 days after augmentation, is this the size my boob?

First of all thank you for the question and picture.  It is way to soon to determine your size at this point.  The implants need to settle, it takes time.  I would suggest following up with your surgeon to discuss your concerns. Best of Luck.

Heather Rocheford, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation recovery

Thank you for your question.  You are very early in your recovery after your breast augmentation, and commonly the implants can sit high in the breast creating that shape.  In addition, this is a new volume for your breast tissue and skin and it can take some time to stretch-out and create a more aesthetic shape.  After 2 days, this will not be your final shape and you can keep reminding yourself that you are very early after surgery.  I agree with your other recommendation to follow-up with your plastic surgeon to ensure you are progressing well with your recovery and to discuss any concerns you have to help reassure you.  Sometimes you will need to use a "Bando" which is a band that you wear on the top of your chest to help encourage the implants to settle more naturally in the breast.  Again, you could discuss that with your plastic surgeon with your follow-up visit.

Best Wishes,

Alex Seal, MD, FRCSC
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

The shape of the breast will change for several weeks after breast augmentation.

At two days after augmentation the strange shape of the breast is to be expected. This will change with time. The breast will not get larger but the volume will be distributed in an aesthetically better fashion.

How soon to judge my breast augmentation results

Two days after surgery is too early to make any decisions about how your surgery looks and feels.

Your photograph looks like a breast augmentationseveral days after surgery; it does not reflect what your final result will be. 

I do recommend, however, that you follow up with your surgeon, because in my experience early concerns are important to address. If you are having significant pain, firmness or swelling, this is something your surgeon might want to evaluate. Ultimately, she will know you best, and can offer advice that is specific to you and your surgery.