18 days post op - Left breast still larger than the right. (photos)

It's starting to bother me.Since waking up in recovery I noticed my left breast larger. I also have a severe pain under my left breast just above the incision every time I bend over or move the left arm left or right or up. It's a stabbing pulling burning pain. I apply pressure and try to release it and it hits me again. I wait it out holding pressure until I finally release and it stops.I'm concerned the asymmetry is permanent. If this is the case would I be wrong to ask for a revision

Pleeeeaaaase call or see your doctor

Dear ks721,
You are ONLY 2 1/2 weeks out from your surgery.  Surely you know that you cannot make any critical evaluation of your breasts at this early juncture.  So many times I repeat to my patients (mostly liposuction patients) that you have to wait a full 6 months for the final result.  Although your left breast appears maybe slightly larger, it is certainly within the expectation of normal at 18 days. 

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. I specialize in Breast Augmentation and Restorative Breast Surgeries. Right now, you are early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Asymmetry of Augmented Breasts

The photos are very helpful but not entirely. It would have been helpful if you added your before photos and which implants were used. Your breasts are significantly asymmetric. But the vast majority of women have asymmetric breasts. When augmenting asymmetric breasts one must decide if to put a larger implant in the smaller side than the larger side. This rarely yields two symmetric augmented breasts but may narrow the difference. Another factor is has this swelling been there since surgery? Or has it come one gradually or suddenly? Is it limited to one or both breasts? You do not appear to have bruising which reduced the likelihood of a bleed on the larger side but does not eliminate it. 
Your best option is to see your surgeon and have him tell you where to go from here. 
Dr. Peter A. Aldea
Memphis, TN

18 days post op - Left breast still larger than the right.

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery. The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized. Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. It is very common for one side to settle faster than the other. In cases where significant breast asymmetry persists long term, the pros/cons associated with revisionary breast surgery should be carefully considered prior to making decisions whether or not to undergo further surgery.  Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

18 days post op - Left breast still larger

It is common to have a little asymmetry in your breasts a few months after surgery. This is because your breasts have different intensities when it comes to bruising and swelling. It usually takes 3-6 months after the operation before seeing your final results.

Charles Nduka, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Post-Op Healing Concern for Swelling

Hello and thank you for your question. I think you are still within the first few weeks of the healing process and should make sure that you are able to take care of the area a little on your own to help with the swelling, and allow a little more time for it to reduce back to normal. Healing will go on for 2-3 months for the early period.  There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation will be abnormal.  Scars will be changing. If you notice anything worse than this, then you should see your doctor about any problems or concerns.

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD