Do I have gyno? (Photo)

What's wrong with me I am 16When I was in 8th grade I lifted a lot and I was in very good shape. About 170.(I was 6ft) If I remember right I didn't have this wrong with nipples. But then stopped working out. Now I'm about 220 And now since 9th grade I've had my nipple when they're soft the look puffy and fat. But when the get cold they look perfectly normal. I read about gyno but I don't feel anything behind nipple I can push my thumb on my nipple and it goes perfectly in. Although uncomfortably

Consult with a Board Certified Surgeon to Better Determine

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades. 

About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement. 
There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal candidate. Weight, and more specifically body mass index (BMI), need to be considered when deciding.
Consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon is highly suggested in order to determine if you are a surgery candidate and what treatments are best for you.

Do I have gyno?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Accurate diagnosis would necessitate physical examination. It IS important to differentiate gynecomastia ( excess breast tissue) from lipomastia ( otherwise known as pseudo-gynecomastia or excess adipose tissue of chest wall). Treatment will differ depending on diagnosis.

My best suggestion: discuss your concerns with your parents and seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Do I have gyno?

Judging from your photos, you do have gynecomastia. I expect that you do have some breast tissue as well as fat causing the protrusion of your breast. Have your parents take you to a board certified plastic surgeon to have this corrected. Generally will take liposuction along with removal of the "core" of breast tissue just behind the nipple. Your plastic surgeon will determine this for you.

If this bothers you, I would have it done as soon as possible before you lose self-esteem. Good luck.

Gynecomastia Dallas MC

Since you are 16 your parents should be involved.
How should I choose a surgeon?
Selecting a surgeon is as important a choice as the decision to undergo surgery. Choose carefully only a board certified PLASTIC SURGEON. The decision is yours. What follows is some advice to assist in making your selection.
1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon who has performed over one thousand gynecomastia cases increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience.
2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures a surgeon displays, the better. Pay attention not just to the number of pictures, but whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient.
3. Gynecomastia surgery Reviews matter. Have patients reviewed your surgeon? Did those patients undergo the surgery you are considering?
4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Are they certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery?
We hope these guidelines are of assistance when you are selecting your surgeon. When undergoing surgery, it is very important to be realistic about your expectations. Past results are not a guarantee of future results. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.

Mordcai Blau, MD