Does this look like wound separation? Do these stitches look permanent? Do I look like I'm healing well? (Photos)

14 days post labiaplasty

Little edge separation. Could get bigger if you keep pulling on it...

Small edge separations are not uncommon in the healing of a V-Wedge labiaplasty. Usually it all heals up well and, although there may be a small, hardly noticeable "notch" at the edge, looks quite OK. I suggest withholding judgement until 6 weeks post-op. In the meantime, KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF IT(!) unless you want to make a minor separation into a major one..!
Michael P Goodman, MD
Davis, CA, USA 

Does this look like a wound separation? Do these stitches look permanent? Am I healing well?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  It appears that our right labia minora has a small separation at the superficial aspect of the tissues with some remaining absorbable suture present.  Though much of your incision appears to be healing well, this small separation will need time to heal from the inside-out. I would encourage you not to stress the tissues further by pushing/pulling on them and allow your body time to correct the separation.  If after three-six months you have a continued contour irregularity you may wish to consider a revision.  Best wishes.

Wound separation

It certainly appears that the wedge resection is beginning to separate.  I would encourage you to stop pulling on it --- the more you pull on it the greater the chance you will make the breakdown worse.   Let it sit for 6 weeks and then see if it appears OK at that time if it has split you might consider a revision.
John R Miklos MD

For now, your incision is looking ok.  You might want to stop tugging on it.  It could become worse if you continue.  Its important to see your doctor for your post operative examinations.  Be sure to keep your surgeon updated on the progress of your recovery. 

John G. Hunter, MD

Post-Op Healing from Labiaplasty

Swelling after #Labiaplasty is usually present for several weeks.  It’s possible that swelling can persist for two or three months. Firmness of tissue can remain for 4-6 months. Postoperative care will usually consist of sitz baths or soaking the area in warm soapy water starting approximately 2 days after a surgery.  The sutures will dissolve over the course of several weeks.  This will in part depend upon the #Labiaplasty technique used, the amount of bruising and they way in which your body heals. Ice can help reduce swelling. Arnica and Bromelain may help.  Direct massage may be useful as well. Now, if your wounds have separated fully it would be good to visit your surgeon to have the area evaluated for proper healing. It is always possible to have stitches redone. Best of luck!

Healing normally

It appears you are healing normally, but it's too early to tell. Your swollen which is normal for a few weeks after labiaplasty. Recheck it after it heals in 6 weeks or so.

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN

You have wedge labiaplasty wound separations (big surprise), the stitches will dissolve, and you're not healing well

It's obvious that you had a wide wedge labiaplasty because the entire posterior half of the remaining labial tissue is under visibly high tension. Your scars are at high risk of falling apart. You need to keep ALL pressure off this area for the first 6-8 weeks and cross your fingers because there is nothing else you can do. Wedge labiaplasty has the weakest scars of all techniques and simply cannot hold this tension for long. If you are a smoker you are doomed.