How long does it take for swelling to go away after a breast reduction and lift? It's been six week and I'm still swollen.

Swelling after BBR can persist for up to 3 months. It depends on how much tissue was removed and wether liposuction was performed.  It is best to keep in close contact with your surgeon.  Sometimes a seroma or fluid cavity can develop that requires drainage.  Best wishes, Dr. T.

It can take 6 months or longer for the swelling to go away completely, Best of luck.....................

Swelling after a breast reduction and lift?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure; it is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.  Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to precise evaluation and ruling out complications that may present as increased swelling.   Generally, it may take a few months before swelling completely dissipates. Generally, in my practice, I ask patients to wait  at least 6 months before evaluation of size, shape, or symmetry of the breasts.    Best wishes  for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Breast Reduction

Hello and thank you for your question. Swelling can persist for 6-12 weeks following surgery. If you hear fluid within the breast tissues some of the swelling may be a seroma or a fluid collection. This would be accompanied by asymmetry of the breasts. If that is the case one breast may be more swollen than the other. Best WishesTheodore T. Nyame MD  Harvard Trained Plastic Surgeon

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician