Extreme itching and redness on scars (Photo)

I had a breast revision 8 weeks ago after initial BL with implants 6 months prior. My implants had bottomed out and right breast had capsular contracture. Anyway, my inside part of horizontal scars itch so bad and is extremely irritated. A couple weeks ago the outside of my breasts itched where the horizontal scars were. It stopped after a few days of using hydrocortisone. I have tried ice, hydro cortisone cream, and Benadryl. It's excruciating. Anything I can do? Why is it itching so badly?

Rash

It may be a slight fungal infection.  You could try clotrimazole cream on the skin in these areas.  This ointment should be over the counter.  

Severely itching scars after breast lift revision

Thank you for asking about your breast lift revision scars.

• Your scars are itching because they are becoming hypertrophic - that is thick.
  • This is common especially in the inner and outer edges of the long crease incision.
  • First, cover the scars with silicone scar pads or tape. it will often stop them from growing, and this stops the itching.
  • Next, see your surgeon - you may need steroid injections now or later to control these active scars.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS