Can I have Active FX or Total FX 8 days prior to a minor closed Rhinoplasty revision?

My Rhino doc does not preform CO2 laser resurfacing so I am going to another doctor for that procedure. I figured it would be ok, but I wanted to ask if having an Active FX laser done on my face was ok 8 days prior to the minor Rhino revision? The revisions is only suppose to take an hour and is a closed procedure.

Skin treatment prior to rhinoplasty

Hello! I would not recommend it. Discuss it with your rhinoplasty surgeon prior to undergoing treatment. good luck!

Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Should I have CO2 Laser 8 days before Revision Rhinoplasty?

This is an issue that I feel should be discussed and approved by your rhinoplasty surgeon before you proceed. Personally, I would not recommend having your CO2 laser so close to your surgery as swelling and related healing from your laser may compromise your revision rhinoplasty. Discussing this in advance makes the most sense and can help you best schedule each procedure for your maximum benefit. Hope this answer helps. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon