Is it OK to get a TT if you have a hernia? Which should I do first: the TT or get the hernia repaired? (Photo)

So I'm 30 I had 3 csection my lastest one was a year ago I was planning to get a TT in NOVEMBER but I now have an hernia above my belly button , which I had it repaired before and now it's back . So I'm wondering should I get it repaired first or after TT and if before TT how long should I wait before I get TT considering they how to make a new belly button. And no I dnt want any more kids I jus need this extra skin and cersean scar remove

Tummy tuck and hernia repair

Thank you for your question.  In general, the hernia repair can be performed at the same time of your tummy tuck.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

TT with a hernia

Hello and thank you for your question. You should be able to get both done at the same time! Some plastic surgeons will perform the hernia repair themselves at the same time they do the TT. If the plastic surgeon feels as though a general surgeon should fix the hernia then there may be a general surgeon that the plastic surgeon commonly works with. If this is the case the general surgeon can fix the hernia and the plastic surgeon can perform the TT all in the same operation.
If for some reason both can not be done at the same time, then it is best to fix the hernia first and wait 6 months and then have the TT done. Make sure to have the surgical records of what was done during the hernia repair so that the plastic surgeon can have an idea on exactly what was done. 
Hope this helps and best of luck!
Ankur Mehta MD
Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Is it OK to get a TT if you have a hernia? Which should I do first: the TT or get the hernia repaired?

Thank you for your question. In general both can be done at the same time. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation.

Hernia with tummy tuck

I routinely repair ventral hernias at the time of tummy tuck. It is rarely an issue. Find a plastic surgeon with a general surgery background to safely deal with both at the same time. 
Good luck 

Mark Eberbach, MD

You should definitely get the hernia sorted out first. Depending on where your surgery will be you might be able to get them done at the same time. Otherwise, I would wait 3-6 months after getting the hernia repaired before having your TT. Best of luck! 

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC