How to tell if your technician is setting the machine correctly for your skin/hair? Lightsheer Duet on full beard.

I'm Fitzpatrick Type 2/3 with light tan. Hair is a mix of blonde (20%), red (40%), brown (40%), all very coarse & very dense. I know only the brown hairs will be removable with laser. The HS unit was fine but the ET tip was 9/10 pain, & the tech did 5 full passes with no break. No spot test was done & they never asked about pain. Very few hairs ejected during or since. I can't go elsewhere, it's 300mi away & the only place within 500mi. Was the pulse width and fluence set correctly?

LHR requires 6 treatments or more to see results

I wouldn't make any snap judgements as to the results. I don't see any settings in your question. I would just question them next time. There are preprogramed settings that are very conservative for skin type, hair type, and density. It is a very effective laser that I have used for about 6 years or longer. 6 treatments are needed to get about 75% improvement. Touch ups are needed about every 6-12 months.