Do I need revision rhinoplasty or is it just swelling? (Photo)

Hi i have had first rhinoplasty 3,5 months ago. My main problems was bulbous tip and wide top of my nose-bumps. After removing cast the bumps on the sides of my nose looked corrected. I keep doing massages and i tape my nose up every night. After 2months the wide nose top started appearing again. Sometimes i massage it back, but its really hard. Also the tip of my nose is really soft and it feels like theres nothing inside. Do you think the top of my nose needs more work? Thank you

3.5 months post op

Thank you for your question and pictures.  It is not uncommon to have swelling and possibly some asymmetries early in the post-rhinoplasty recovery phase.  It is usually six months before you will see the end results.  At that time, any concerns should be evaluated with your Facial Plastic Surgeon.  Best of luck

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty

You are still early in your healing process, but the swelling in the bridge of the nose is usually the quickest to resolve. Unfortunately, your nasal bridge still appears wide in your post-operative photographs. This part of your nose is made of bone which is most likely the reason it is "really hard."  You may need further work on the bones of your nose to correct the "wide-top". I would follow up with your surgeon in order to get more information.

Gary Motykie, MD