Will I need a surgery to remove my excess skin? (photos)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 3
Excess Skin After Weight Loss
Congratulations on your weight loss. You look great! There doesn't seem to be enough skin to perform an abdominoplasty, perhaps in person i would be able to examine you more closely. A mini abdominoplasty would be an option or perhaps a none surgical skin tightening treatment. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for best results. Regards,
Too much excess skin?
Excess skin and weigth loss
However, your best plastic surgeon for has the experience, training, and results that relates to you. Do your research and find a real Plastic Surgeon and book a paid consultation. Free consults are just a sales pitch and does not work in your best interest. People always say “you get what you pay for”. This is very true in Plastic Surgery.
Below are other criteria to use when selecting a Plastic surgeon.
Questions to ask your potential plastic surgeon (Answering NO is a big red flag)
1) Are you a plastic surgeon? (You should research the differences between cosmetic surgeon & plastic surgeon. Make sure that your plastic surgeon is a trained surgeon! You may be surprised)
2) Are you board certified in Plastic Surgery? (Board certified in what? You are looking for the American Board of Plastic Surgery. There are many boards and some are fake. Make sure that the certifying board is a member board of the American Board of Medical Specialties or the American Osteopathic Association.)
3) Will the procedure be performed at a fully accredited & certified procedure room or ambulatory surgery center, or hospital
4) Do you have hospital privilege to perform the same procedure you do in the office? Which Hospital?
5) Do you offer complication insurance. How do you handle complications and revision (it does happen, it better to be safe)
The most important decision is to do your homework well. Good luck.
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.