Will I need a surgery to remove my excess skin? (photos)

hello i am 18 years old and during the last year i lost 100 pounds of fat while adding 25 pounds of muscle to my body and i reached a 12%percent body fat.My problem is that i dont get to see the full result of my hard work since i got abit of excess skin in my lower ab area.I am working out on a daily basis and although ive seen some improvements lately with the increase of muscle in my body im wondering if all of the skin can go away just with exercise. thank you in advance for your help i apreciate it:)

Excess Skin After Weight Loss

Congratulations on your weight loss. You look great! There doesn't seem to be enough skin to perform an abdominoplasty, perhaps in person i would be able to examine you more closely. A mini abdominoplasty would be an option or perhaps a none surgical skin tightening treatment. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for best results. Regards,

Too much excess skin?

Skin looseness after weight loss cannot usually be tightened without excision. Overall, it seems you have a very nice presentation without too much laxity. One problematic area is often the lower abdomen. If it is appropriate, this can often be achieved with a well hidden scar. You need to see a board-certified plastic surgeon to investigate the options.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Excess skin and weigth loss

Thanks for the photos. It looks like you are in great shape and taking care of yourself. based on the photos, you may benefit from non-invasive skin tightening procedure. Without physical exam, it may be hard to give you a hard recommendation. The best thing is to book a consultation with a Plastic Surgeon. He or she should be able to review your options.

However, your best plastic surgeon for has the experience, training, and results that relates to you. Do your research and find a real Plastic Surgeon and book a paid consultation. Free consults are just a sales pitch and does not work in your best interest. People always say “you get what you pay for”. This is very true in Plastic Surgery.

Below are other criteria to use when selecting a Plastic surgeon.

Questions to ask your potential plastic surgeon (Answering NO is a big red flag)

1) Are you a plastic surgeon? (You should research the differences between cosmetic surgeon & plastic surgeon. Make sure that your plastic surgeon is a trained surgeon! You may be surprised)
2) Are you board certified in Plastic Surgery? (Board certified in what? You are looking for the American Board of Plastic Surgery. There are many boards and some are fake. Make sure that the certifying board is a member board of the American Board of Medical Specialties or the American Osteopathic Association.)
3) Will the procedure be performed at a fully accredited & certified procedure room or ambulatory surgery center, or hospital
4) Do you have hospital privilege to perform the same procedure you do in the office? Which Hospital?
5) Do you offer complication insurance. How do you handle complications and revision (it does happen, it better to be safe)

The most important decision is to do your homework well. Good luck.

Stanley Okoro, MD