Can I use Juvederm under the eyes for small lines/ wrinkles to look more fresh and at the chic bones?

Juvederm and other Dermal Fillers Can Be Used Under the Eyes

Most every filler has been injected everywhere on the face — and we know certain things are good in some areas and not so good in others. The most important thing is to be evaluated by a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who are the most skilled at determining which procedure, and sometimes multiple procedures, are right for you.
Fillers can be injected in this area — most use Belotero or Restylane here — but in the right skilled person, Juvederm can surely be used. One of the neurotoxins — Botox, Dysport or Xeomin — can all be used here, again by skilled injectors. And lasers and radiofrequency devices, many kinds can be used to make a positive difference.
As important as the above are, skin care is equally important, as is sunscreen. Your dermatologist can best guide you here.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm Under the Eye

Fine wrinkles around the eye are caused by age, sun and repetitive muscle movement (squinting). Botox, laser resurfacing and bulk heating (radiofrequency) are the most effective treatments to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.  However, if you are hollow under the eye then a filler can also be helpful. Fillers act to expand the overlying skin and thereby diminish lines.  My experience is that Restylane and Belotero are more reliable fillers under the eye because they bind less water than Juvederm.  Juvederm is more likley to result in a puffy appearance under the eye due to its hydrophilic (water loving) nature.

Brock Ridenour, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm under the eyes

Yes, of course, you can use Juvederm under the eyes to treat under eye hollows.  However, I have seen some less than desireable results with Juvederm in this location and I prefer Restylane here.  In a survey of docors, I think the majority of  doctors agree with me.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvederm and where to place?

Juvederm is a great long lasting filler for areas of the cheeks, chin, and nasolabial area.  I prefer Belotero and Botox for fine lines under and around the eyes.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience in cosmetic facial injections.

Can I use Juvederm under the eyes for small lines/ wrinkles to look more fresh and at the cheek bones?

Juvederm is not a great options for fine lines around the lower eyelids. Laser resurfacing or a chemical peel is probably a better option for your wrinkles. Consult with the plastic surgeons in your area to find out what your best options are. Thank you for your question. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

Juvederm Treatment for undereye

Expert physician injectors caution against using any fillers in the delicate lower eyelid skin to fill wrinkles because the skin there is so thin that product can frequently show though as blue-tinged or skin-colored bumps. Fraxel® laser is best suited to resurface delicate undereye wrinkles such as these. If your eye wrinkles (crow's feet) extend onto your cheekbones, then Juvederm® is a great option to fill in those lines in that area.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Juvederm under the eyes.

HA fillers are often used under the eyes to correct mild volume deficiencies.  Belotero may be the best choice for this location as the incidence of swelling or tindel effect is less likely.  The filler treatment is  of course a temporary solution.  Laser resurfacing or RF treatments may be a good alternative and I would recommend you investigate each before you receive a treatment.   

J. Kevin Duplechain, MD, FACS
Lafayette Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm is not typically used for fine lines.

Thank you for your question. Juvederm is not typically used for fine lines. You may want to consider a small amount of Botox under the eye to smooth out the area.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Fine lines

I would not recommend any filler for fine lines around the eyes. The skin there needs to be tightened and not filled. CO2 laser resurfacing of that area can give an outstanding result. But, as with any invasive technique, the treatment is only as good as the person doing it. Find a good dermatologist or plastic surgeon who has significant experience with laser resurfacing in this are.            

John Louis Ratz, MD
Clermont Dermatologist

Treatments for small lines and wrinkles

Juvederm probably would be over kill for any kind of small line or wrinkle. For very fine lines, you have a couple of options. Restylane or Belotero would be good, but your injector has to be very careful to put the product into the dermis itself, and not beneath it. In my experience, a more reliable solution would be a resurfacing treatment with a laser or a peel. 
In my practice, we wouldn't use a filler for fine lines and wrinkles on the eyelids themselves- the skin is too thin and delicate. A resurfacing procedure would be much better in my opinion. We would use fillers (usually Restylane or Belotero) to camouflage hollowing under the eyes, but I wouldn't use them in the skin of the lid. Good luck! I hope this helps!

Robert S. Schmidt, MD
College Station Facial Plastic Surgeon