I'm 5ft 2in, aged 44 and weigh 47 kilos. I've had saddlebags since puberty and I loathe them. Can CoolSculpting get rid of them?

Is this procedure suitable for saddlebags. Would it reduce the size of them and by how many inches? Would love to wear a pair of tight fitted jeans without looking so out of proportion!!

CoolSculpting for saddlebags

There is a new applicator called CoolSmooth which is indicated for the outer thighs. We therefore finally have a medical treatment for saddlebags; even liposuction can not be performed in this area because of the fibrous quality of this fat,so this is the first treatment to come along.  It works just as well in this area as i. Other areas, so patients have a 20 to 28 % reduction in fat in the treated areas within a few months, with no serious side effects.

Only a few doctors in each city have this applicator, so you may have to look around and ask a lot of questions to find it.

CoolSculpting and saddlebags

Hard to tell without photos or exam.  CoolSculpting has had FDA approval for fat reduction since 2010. CoolSculpting freezes the fat cells. Fat cells are more susceptible to damage by freezing than the other cells, (nerve, vessel, bone, etc.), around them. The fat cells die via a process called apoptosis, (programmed cell death). The number of fat cells are therefore reduced. This happens over a period of time, so the body is not overwhelmed with dead fat cells. The body will take these cells up, process them and excrete them, just as any other cell. The remnants are filtered through the liver, and then excreted eventually via stool.  CoolSculpting has a specific applicator that has been used in this area with good results.  We have had good experience with the skin snapping back.  Each individual is different.  See an experienced CoolSculpting practice, they will determine if you are a candidate.  Moreover, would also consider seeing a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, who can give advice on both CoolSculpting and Liposuction.

Jeffrey J. Roth, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting for saddlebags

Coolsculpting has been approved by the FDA for outer thighs. Therefore, Coolsculpting is appropriate to treat saddle bags. To determine if you are a candidate, I would recommend a consultation and in person examination by a board certified physician.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Coolsculpting and saddlebags

A physical exam is really required to make any formal recommendations.   Coolsculpting is an effective FDA non invasive treatment for excess fat. I have seen some impressive results with a series of 2-3 treatments. However, the results do vary from patient to patient. Remember, cool sculpting requires no surgery and it will generally yield at least 10-20% improvement each treatment.  It will take up to 3 month to appreciate your final results after each treatment. However, you must understand that cool sculpting is NOT liposuction. Liposuction is a surgical procedure and will yield more definitive results. Please visit with a board certified PS to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

CoolSculpting good for saddlebags

Absolutely!  I've done liposuction for saddlebags for twenty-five years but now I prefer CoolSculpting for these trouble spots.  We've gotten nice results with it.  In my experience, with very large saddlebags, a second treatment may be needed. (See photos on the web link below).

Mario Loomis, MD
Middletown Plastic Surgeon

The New CoolSmooth Head for Outer Thighs

CoolSculpting has a new CoolSmooth head, specifically targeted to the outer thighs. Of course an in person consultation is required to see if you are a candidate, but it has shown great results in studies and since we just got our new CoolSmooth head recently, I am very excited about seeing my first few patients results with it.

CoolSculpting for outer thighs

There is a newer hand piece for CoolSculpting that has been specifically designed for the treatment of outer thighs or "saddlebags." This treatment differs from the other hand pieces in that it does not utilize suction and it takes twice as long. While many patients have noticeable success from this therapy, the effects are modest with the improvement in thigh circumference measured in centimeters rather than inches. CoolSculpting would be a helpful adjunct, but if you would like to loose inches off your thighs then CoolSculpting alone may not be enough.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting the outer thighs

CoolSculpting is a great, FDA-approved treatment for fat reduction of the abdomen and flanks. It can be used safely for off-label treatment of the upper arms, inner/outer thighs, bra-strap area and above the knees. The new applicator, "CoolSmooth", is indicated for the outer thighs. Each treatment last for two hours and results are seen within 2-3 months. Patients in our office have seen an average fat reduction of 20-25% with each treatment. I recommend scheduling a consultation to determine if your an ideal candidate for CoolSculpting.

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting for Saddlebags

Just recently the FDA approved the "cool curve" designed for saddlebags, using the same technique of damaging the deep fat without damaging the skin. Usually 20% of the fat cells are killed, after 2 to 3 months another treatment can be done.

Miguel Delgado, MD

Saddlebags and Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting now has just introduced an applicator called the Coolsmooth designed just for the saddlebags.  It is highly effective and can reduce the fat in that area by approximately 25 percent.  Each side takes two hours so you need to devote a total of four hours for the procedure but it is painless and very effective.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with Coolsculpting for the best results.